IMPORTANT: Launcher Pro Users

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
IMPORTANT: Launcher Pro Users

I have been having issues with LauncherPro and just found the solution to all of my problems. I just wanted to post this in the case that someone else might have been in my shoes, not literally, eww.

Issue:
I am a huge Launcher Pro fan. It's the best launcher out there in my opinion, however I was having this horrible re-loading issue where the launcher would seem to have to load everything back into memory upon hitting the 'home' key. It seemed to happen mostly after I would use a memory intensive app like the browser, games, or something like that. After returning home, it would basically be blank and take 10 to 15 seconds to re-load and be ready to use, with is a LONG time to wait when your busy. I was ready to give up on LPro, untill I got a solution...

Solution:
So I was on IRC the other day asking about this and someone (wish I could remember who for credits) told me that many people were having this re-loading issue with LPro that had kernels above 1000. I was running a 1100 ULV kernel and decided to flash back to a 800 LV to see what happened and BAM! It works! I have been on this lower kernel since last night and I have not had one single re-load on my LauncherPro! Plus my phone is fast enough so I don't see the need to desire a high end kernel as I used to. Also, I think it's time I sent the developer some cash for the full version now that i know the issue wasnt his fault! Hope this helps at least someone!

:icon_ banana:dancedroid​

FYI: I am using UD eXtreme 6.0.0 with P3 800LV kernel with lots of goodies!

Last edited:

alm0614

Reaction score
I am using the default 800 Mhz kernel that comes with BB and still have redraws.

OP
icculusX

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am using the default 800 Mhz kernel that comes with BB and still have redraws.

Hmm, like how often? Just every so often or a lot? Maybe flash a P3 or something? Maybe flash UD haha...

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
too bad just setting your cpu at under 1K won't do it.

Mechanicat

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Z Force
I'm completely stock & have redraw lag. I figured it was normal, its crunching a lot of sh*t & its processing slower then my 12 year old boat anchor Gateway.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
icculusX

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Damn, I thought posting this would help out so many people. I mean mine was redrawing after using a lot of apps and after I flashed the P3 800 kernel I literally have had no issues. Sorry folks! Thought I had the fix!

Plus I have tons of apps, 2 custom full docs, 7 screens, photos and widgets, 3d launcher 5 icons across, QuickDesk running in the background, and much more. Maybe it is just my UD6 ROM and Kernel combo? I dono....

machnhed

Reaction score
Damn, I thought posting this would help out so many people. I mean mine was redrawing after using a lot of apps and after I flashed the P3 800 kernel I literally have had no issues. Sorry folks! Thought I had the fix!

Plus I have tons of apps, 2 custom full docs, 7 screens, photos and widgets, 3d launcher 5 icons across, QuickDesk running in the background, and much more. Maybe it is just my UD6 ROM and Kernel combo? I dono....

LOL I'm sure it helped some people! Hell, the more suggestions out there, the better.

Personally, I was getting a ton of redraws before... both using the Launcher Pro and Pro Plus versions, P3 LV250-1000 kernel, and with a stock FRF84 ROM and UD 5.0.1 ROM. 5 homescreens, about 8 widgets.

I've since started using BB 0.4 and changed to Pete's LV250-1100 kernel, moved up to 7 screens, 3 docks, all notifications on, and have this thing LOADED with widgets. Not only has my phone improved speed-wise significantly, but VERY rarely get a redraw. MAAAYYYBBBE when coming out of navigation or something pretty graphically intensive, but otherwise, this combination of ROM, kernel and setup has drastically improved everything. I didn't even touch the memory tweaks in LauncherPro, nor did I have to use Minfree or any memory manager.
Just my 2 cents in the ongoing debate as to why this happens... dancedroid

Zack
PS: Using this config, I'm consistently getting near 1300 on a Quadrant benchmark as well! That's with everything running as-is, and I'm more than satisfied. I topped out in the 1500s when I killed all the running apps and widgets.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score

All is not lost, instead of flashing a new kernel, I backed up my ROM then reinstalled the same ROM with the 800 kernel option. I don't know yet (I did it last night before bed) if it's helped but I noticed I've got an extra bar on the wifi icon, something I was complaining about earlier.

Will keep an eye on this.

Just for another input about the lag, there's a thread about using MinFreeManager app and I did try that and noticed a big difference. Didn't eliminate the lag all together, but definite improvement.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You know what stops redraws, Compcache. It's a feature on Sapphire 1.0, and since I turned it on (about a week now) I have not had one redraw!dancedroid