IMAP email on Droid issue

Arius1

Reaction score
I just switched from the HTC Eris to the Moto Droid and have an issue with my personal domain.

I have GMail setup as an IMAP no problem. I setup my att/yahoo with pop settings no problem. I setup my personal domain via crystaltech webhosting via IMAP and have an issue. I've never had a problem on any smartphone like this and didn't on the HTC Eris.

Everything works fine but the issue is when a new email comes in to my personal domain email. It makes all messages in the inbox show as unread. I've tested this on other Droid phones and the same problem. So it appears to be a OS issue. I found this thread on the VZ forums Droid IMAP emails always Unread - Verizon | Forums and Blogs - Verizon Community

I am awaiting a call back from Level 3 support at Moto.

Has anyone seen this before and know of a fix?

***Update it appears it's not just incoming mail but if you manually refresh the inbox and no mail comes in.

Last edited:
OP
Arius1

Arius1

Reaction score
Well Tier3 support called me back. They can duplicate on Droids no problem. The moto clique and TMo G1 they have aren't doing it. It's pointing more and more towards a OS 2.x issue. I downloaded K9 email program and it does it in that as well.

R1Lover

Reaction score
I have my domains on one of my dedicated servers, I'm currently running Dovecot for IMAP & POP3 and I am using SSL as well.

OP
Arius1

Arius1

Reaction score
Maybe it's certain servers? My servers run smartermail but like I said no issue with Andriod 1.5 at all.

R1Lover

Reaction score
There ya go.... WINBLOWS..... that's the problem.... lol

Windows needs to stick to desktops.... :)

Linux.jpg