IM STUCK ON M(Motorola) LOGO on Droid X!!PLEASE HELP!!

baboulou

Reaction score
HELP ME PLEASE..I have motorola droid x, i bought it brand new out the box. It has software 2.2.1 or 2.3.15. I then rooted it by using the One Click, Root My X2 Method which was successful. After that, i used DroidXBootstrap app to go into recovery mode. While in recovery mode, wipe data/cache and then went to install zip, to install ---> Blur_2.3.320_System_2.2.1, after it installed, i went to reboot phone and while rebooting, it's stuck on M Logo, and does not go anywhere. I tried to take battery out then back in, and turned on the phone and did the same thing, stuck on M Logo. I even tried the recovery method, by pressing home screen and power button but it's not the clockword recovery but the original recovery one(which give's u like 4 or 5 options) and i wipe data, and cache and rebooted and im still on stuck on M logo. I took the battery out to preserve power and i wanted to know HOW CAN I FIX THIS HORRIBLE SITUATION OR WHAT IS THE PROPER .SBF FILE TO USE TO FIX IT??

OP
B

baboulou

Reaction score
@Hookbill, i went to the link, i already have the .sbf file, all i need is to know which one to use or how can i fix this situation
@Jaw4Bamam, yes i have a back

maderschramm

Reaction score
even if he has a backup I don't think it'll work as it seems he tried to do a /system update.zip without reading the instructions first as he doesn't know which system he is in (2.3.15 and 2.2.1 are very different)

if a factory reset doesn't help (hold home + power until you see an icon, press search button then factory reset and wipe cache) then you're going to need to sbf

the sbf you need varies on bootloader version
if
30.03 - 2.3.15 sbf
30.04 - .320 sbf

my tutorial has more in-depth explanations. please read it and post for help in there, it's stickied above or it's also in my signature

by the way, good call on removing the battery to preserve power, you'll need it.

you could also attempt to get to clockworkmod by plugging your phone in without a battery and letting it boot, removing the power to kill the phone, then pluggin in the battery and let it turn on again...that sometimes works

Last edited:

Tippin

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. I followed someones guide on here step by step. Had no problems what so ever. Got to the part of the tut where he wanted us to restore a back up.. and upon the phone rebooting it froze at the moto screen. only had the damn thing for a week too.

OP
B

baboulou

Reaction score
I GOT MY PHONE WORKING!!!!!!! I will post a thread that will help people who have the same problem or have a bricked phone

Tippin

Reaction score
I GOT MY PHONE WORKING!!!!!!! I will post a thread that will help people who have the same problem or have a bricked phone

Please do bud. and Congrats. There is hope for mine i guess.

OP
B

baboulou

Reaction score
Go to the thread that i just created:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/110716-how-if-your-phone-bricked-like-stuck-bootloader-then-check-out.html#post1135182