Droid X stuck at "m" logo!

sharpie201

Reaction score
Heyy my x isnt doing me too good right now :/ or maybe im not doing it any good. Well today i wanted to try out a new rom. I decided apex and and it said i needed to be running the gb or w/e so i put the zip for gb on and it was running fine. little laggy. So i turned usb debugging off and i went into bootstrap recovery. Factory reset and then went and installed the zip. The boot logo was the red motorola (from when i installed gb). Now, when i try to turn my phone on it just stays on that red m. tried it multiple times and have waited at least 10 minutes and nothing happens. I tried the home+power button but the magnifing glass did nothing. I then did the up+down key and that worked so i did the reset and cache clear. It still does the red m for a long time. Help me pleaseee!! Thanks in advance if you can help. I think theres something about sbf but i wanna post here before trying that because im not the smartest person with this phone haha.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You'll have to see if your phone will boot to the bootloader. I'm going to bet it will.

I'm not sure what file you need for your sbf, hopefully someone will come along with a link. Good luck.

OP
S

sharpie201

Reaction score
thanks i really appreciate it haha looking for any help i can get..

OP
S

sharpie201

Reaction score
and yes, my phone does go to the bootloader

says 30.04 if that helps anyone.

rkerns

Reaction score
Have you sbf'd? Even if yummy have not I'd her the phone into factory recovery first and do a factory reset/wipe no less than 3 times first and then try to reboot. If that doesn't do it then sbf and make sure you do the same wipe/factory reset after you sbf. Factory recovery wipes do not seem to take unless performed multimedia times

PS. How much charge did you have? You need to get this resolved before you run it down unless you have am alternative means of charging

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you sbf'd? Even if yummy have not I'd her the phone into factory recovery first and do a factory reset/wipe no less than 3 times first and then try to reboot. If that doesn't do it then sbf and make sure you do the same wipe/factory reset after you sbf. Factory recovery wipes do not seem to take unless performed multimedia times

PS. How much charge did you have? You need to get this resolved before you run it down unless you have am alternative means of charging

I wouldn't pay any attention to whatever this member is saying. He is trying to be helpful, but he's wrong about multiple wipes and all that.

rkerns

Reaction score
Have you sbf'd? Even if you have not I'd her the phone into factory recovery first and do a factory reset/wipe no less than 3 times first and then try to reboot. If that doesn't do it then sbf and make sure you do the same wipe/factory reset after you sbf. Factory recovery wipes do not seem to take unless performed multimedia times

OP
S

sharpie201

Reaction score
haha no i havent sbf'ed and my phone charges when i plug it in.