I'm on 2.2.1. How do I flash 4.5.591?

B

budmonster

Hey guys I have some questions, I'm confused with all these posts. I'm still on 2.2.1 (340) with root, no rom and still have the Droidx bootstbootstrap. I just downloaded the "Full Gingerbread (2.3.3) Rooted (Blur Version 4.5.591) -Deodexed Fully (DROIDX)" zip from the TBH app. I was looking at this post Another Motorola DROIDX Gingerbread Leaks, Version 4.5.591 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog and DL said all I have to do is flash this in D2 Bootstrap?

What are the steps that I have to get take to flash this and get on the most up to date GB build? For example do i need to remove the dx bootstrap and install the d2 bootstrap? Do I have to flash to .588 first? Also, can I just flash the zip that I downloaded from the TBH app? I don't if it's an update zip or not? If someone can explain the steps id greatly appreciate it.

Will I be able to SBF back to Froyo if need be, I'm guessing Nandroid backups wont work?

mechgamer123

Reaction score
You need the droid 2 bootstrapper for sure. I have always SBF'd back to completely stock froyo, rooted with z4root, then installed d2 bootstrapper, and then install gb via the update.zip. This should still work, and you should always be able to SBF back to froyo since there is no change in the kernel version.
However, I haven't installed the latest leak, 488 was too unstable for me so I went back to apex 1.4 :)

Reaction score
Do it just like a rom. Wipe and flash. To go back download the 2.2.1 master stock from tbh and flash that just like a rom. I've done it twice no problems.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mechgamer123

Reaction score
Do it just like a rom. Wipe and flash. To go back download the 2.2.1 master stock from tbh and flash that just like a rom. I've done it twice no problems.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
Yep that's what I've been doing

Taylor93

Reaction score
I've read about 24535 million guides and there are many different ways. The easiest way I've read is to download Droid 2 bootstrap recovery(assuming your already rooted) and back everything up BEFORE you mess with anything. Secondly, be sure to back up your apps and system data with titanium backup. If you've never used TB just google "titanium backup user guide" and you should find a guide very easily. After everything is backed up you are ready to go.

You have to flash the first GB leak before you jump to the second. (from what I know)

This link provides both leaked GB versions http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ial-thread-gingerbread-leak-root-get-now.html

Follow the instructions and everything should be alright.

Goodluck.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys....this is the third thread on this today. Please search before posting, I merged 2 of the threads.

Just an FYI I talk to P3Droid and he has something new coming out tomorrow so that you can install Gingerbread without rooting first, latest version. So check out MDW to see whats up.

OP
B

budmonster

My 3g speeds are still extremely slow? My browser takes forever to load. I used that speedtest app and I got 0.11mbps down and 0.44mbps up. What is going on? Is there anything I can do is there a way to uncap it or something?

Im using the stock browser. I connected to server that was 50 miles away the closest one. I also tried the farther one too. Ive done the speedtest at least 15 times now from different servers. I even made sure that nothing was running on my phone in the background that could maybe hurt my 3G connection. My phone is showing 3G, I have all 4 bars. I dont know what the hell is going on, what are normal 3G speeds, like what does the average 3G user get? I'm sure what I'm getting isnt normal 0.11mbps down and 0.44mbps up? I also have tried the PRL updating, the *288 does not improve my speed at all. I dont understand how I can have full bars of 3G and this horrible speed.

zero7404

Reaction score
if you're not heavy into writing apps or theming, i'd do the odexed version, then get gingerbreak and root it.

OP
B

budmonster

if you're not heavy into writing apps or theming, i'd do the odexed version, then get gingerbreak and root it.

im not into wrigting apps but down the line once a good theme comes out I'll probably use it. Is there a difference between the odexed and deodexed versions. I mean is one better with stability than the other?

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score

im not into wrigting apps but down the line once a good theme comes out I'll probably use it. Is there a difference between the odexed and deodexed versions. I mean is one better with stability than the other?

Deodexed is the version that all Devs use to theme, don't really know how it works since I'm not a themer but having deodexed files replace the odexed versions allows for more customizations. I guess there isn't really a difference performance wise, like I said wouldn't know....

(_Sent From a APEX V2.0 1.1ghz Oc'd DroidXxX_)