Easiest way to install GB

randroidran

Reaction score
I'm running stock .340 rooted, what is the easiest way to install the newest leaked version of gingerbread? I tired that 3 step flash but it bricked my phone. So I'm a little hesitant to try it again. I'm really looking for a all in one flash.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I'm running stock .340 rooted, what is the easiest way to install the newest leaked version of gingerbread? I tired that 3 step flash but it bricked my phone. So I'm a little hesitant to try it again. I'm really looking for a all in one flash.

What do you mean by bricked your phone? Bootloader Error?

I had a BL error when I attemped I used a update.zip to get back to 2.3.340 from Liberty 2.01.. didn't see that you weren't supposed to do that.

Then I SBF'd, rooted, D2 Bootstrapped, Wiped data/cache, and installed everything fine.

OP
R

randroidran

Reaction score
Idk what i did but i got a new droid X from asuron. I claimed that i lost it.

I really like gingerbread but i do not want to pay another 90$ for a replacement phone. So what's a easy and most secure way to get it on my phone?

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I don't think that you should bother with anything root/leak related if your first thought when something goes wrong is to commit insurance fraud rather than asking the community to help fix your mistake.

OP
R

randroidran

Reaction score
That wasn't my first thought, I tried SBF and it never would work. It always gave me an error. I search the forum high and low and tried every troubleshooting process that was out there. I moved the file all around, downloaded the driver several times, and after all my attempts nothing would make it run. I needed a phone and that was my only option. And now im looking for help and no one is helping.

turdbogls

Reaction score
That wasn't my first thought, I tried SBF and it never would work. It always gave me an error. I search the forum high and low and tried every troubleshooting process that was out there. I moved the file all around, downloaded the driver several times, and after all my attempts nothing would make it run. I needed a phone and that was my only option. And now im looking for help and no one is helping.

if you are not comfortable or are unable to do an SBF i wouldn't even try it.
supposidly the OFFICIAL OTA update is going to be dropping on the 10th.

there are a couple ways to do this tho.
the first is to do the 3 .zip installs like you tried earlier. make sure to wipe data and cache before installing these. also make sure the MD5 sums are correct. you may have had a bad download or something.

the second, is to flash the Liberty 2.0.1 ROM. then i believe there is an "all in one" flash over to rooted liberty GB. from there you should be able to flash any GB rom built from the 588 source.

kinda a backwards way of doing it, but it will get you on GB. just make sure you can get the correct files to flash you old DX with the 2.2.1 SBF file before you try doing this, b/c there is a chance you will "brick" you new phone.

p.s. shame on you for insurance fraud. :(

Natey2

Reaction score
Easiest way to install GB is to wait for the Carrier to push it onto your unrooted phone. :)

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

OP
R

randroidran

Reaction score
Ok, thank you for the responses. It looks like im going to wait til they start pushing out the OTA of gingerbread, but I have one more question. Since I am rooted but still on stock .340 will I be able to receive the update or will I have to UnRoot? Also will they be able to root Gingerbread?

OP
R

randroidran

Reaction score
I found another way to get GB on my Droid X. You can install Liberty GB v.01 as a full rom. Of course this is a nightly and you have to pay for it, but it seems like it is worth the money.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Searched high and low?? Where are your posts for help?

That is what I am wondering as well. There are a ton of us that would love to help. I, for one, am on here for 12 hours.....during this last week these 12 hours have been from 630p to 630a.....basically I am here all night and would have helped. During the day there are literally hundreds of people on here.

Point is....you should have asked first. If you need help with this....and would like me to assist....simply shoot me a PM. I will do the same with you that I have done dozens of times before. We can get on the phone and I will literally walk you through every single step.dancedroid

codustyle

Reaction score
I saw that team black hat has their app back up. You can download a gb zip thru them and flash it just like a rom... right? I just got a replacement device cuz of a water accident and it worked real easy. Already had the file but felt like I owed tbh two bucks for all the work they do. I don't remember but when I did it the first time I did the three file flash and it seemed to work out fine. Is there a difference between using the dxgbrooted.zip file thru clockwork mod and the three blur file method?

chefb

Reaction score
I saw that team black hat has their app back up. You can download a gb zip thru them and flash it just like a rom... right? I just got a replacement device cuz of a water accident and it worked real easy. Already had the file but felt like I owed tbh two bucks for all the work they do. I don't remember but when I did it the first time I did the three file flash and it seemed to work out fine. Is there a difference between using the dxgbrooted.zip file thru clockwork mod and the three blur file method?

Which black hat app are you using does it look different than the old on and....that file looks like the first leak.....and where did you buy it(the app).

Btw im on a replacement also bootlooped my phone after trying to deox- on dxbootstrape with the debugging off. So im TRYING!!! to wait and liberty was looking good, but nothing doing cuz im reading someone had issues when loading the nightly V04 and had to sbf. But still it looks/ sound like liberty could be a winner. Maybe
By the time Verizon pushes there version out (final version gb) accept it then root with gingerbreak . Hopefully by then the official liberty gb will be available to the public.