What Do I Do Now??

Omega Blaze

Reaction score
I have a alltel milestone x /droid x It seems to be rooted= ] I have the superuser icon & wifi tethering from the market worked. [I used gingerbreak.] I also used bootstrap for the droid 2? I'm not sure if i can go to custom roms now or what. Also, Titanium backup can't gain root access. I'm still on froyo 2.2.1 Thanks..

tommyg562000

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you have an actual question. Please, clarify what you are trying to do and about what device you have.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try uninstalling and reinstalling Titanium. Also try and locate an sbf file for the MB809 before you attempt a ROM.

random rom'd X

OP
Omega Blaze

Omega Blaze

Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^Thanks for the help bro.. I just flashed to Liquid 2.6 flawlessly. Hopefully anyone who has a milestone x with alltel will be able to take something from this thread.

OP
Omega Blaze

Omega Blaze

Reaction score
Also, now that i'm on a custom rom titanium back up works!!!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^Thanks for the help bro.. I just flashed to Liquid 2.6 flawlessly. Hopefully anyone who has a milestone x with alltel will be able to take something from this thread.

As long as you don't flash anything that has a radio update, you should be good. I don't think the Alltel and VZW radios are the same.

random rom'd X

OP
Omega Blaze

Omega Blaze

Reaction score
Do most chefs specify whether they change the radio's or are you saying i shouldn't independently change the radio i have?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do most chefs specify whether they change the radio's or are you saying i shouldn't independently change the radio i have?
If you upgraded to say GB for the DROIDX, it would change the baseband for the radio and I am not sure if it would work with Alltel. And like you said, don't change the baseband by installing an updater file either.

random rom'd X

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes but it runs off the Froyo kernel because of the locked bootloader

random rom'd X

OP
Omega Blaze

Omega Blaze

Reaction score
So would i be able to flash to MIUI without any problems?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
So would i be able to flash to MIUI without any problems?

Yes. Just wipe everything and flash. Any of the Froyo based ROMs should work for you. MIUI is pretty cool because its a big difference. Looks iphone-ish, but it runs well and its clean.

Also, now that you are on a 2nd init ROM, do not use bootstrap. You will brick. You can hold the power button, select reboot then select recovery. Or you can download ROM Manager and boot into Recovery using that.

random rom'd X

OP
Omega Blaze

Omega Blaze

Reaction score
WhoA! brick? Thanks for the heads up bro. Is it safe to delete bootstrap or will i need it for future roms?