I'm having major battery usage issues

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Ok something is going on with my Droid. The other day I posted that my battery had drained quicker than normal throughout the day. When I looked at the battery usage Beautiful Widgets had used over 50% of the battery. Now for some reason this morning after being off charge for a little over 3 hours and not being used at all, my battery is down to 60%. I looked at the usage and the Browser has consumed 92%. And no I didn't have any windows open in the browser. Anyone have a clue what might be going on???

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok something is going on with my Droid. The other day I posted that my battery had drained quicker than normal throughout the day. When I looked at the battery usage Beautiful Widgets had used over 50% of the battery. Now for some reason this morning after being off charge for a little over 3 hours and not being used at all, my battery is down to 60%. I looked at the usage and the Browser has consumed 92%. And no I didn't have any windows open in the browser. Anyone have a clue what might be going on???

It sounds like you left the browser on a page that forces repeated updates to a page. Open your browser and set it up so that your home page is blank. The as you exit go to home page first and then ext.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

It sounds like you left the browser on a page that forces repeated updates to a page. Open your browser and set it up so that your home page is blank. The as you exit go to home page first and then ext.

Already have it set up like that and also almost always back completely out. Funny there are times where I have just quickly closed the browser with the home button and when I went back into the browser there were like 5 windows open. But the browser never consumed this much battery.

Oh and I have had it back on charge for about an hour and it is still at 70% and the browser is still showing 89% usage.

DuqDan83

Reaction score
I've had the same problem with beautiful widgets. I forced quit on the beautiful widgets program and that has worked for a few days now. It is a huge drain. Hopefully a fix is coming...

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Ok still something going on. It has been off charge for 5 hours. Not used at all. Here are some of my usages.

Phone idle 25%
Flixter 20%
Beautiful Widgets 16%
Display (usually the highest all the time) 19%

Dunno why Flixter is using anything. I had it opened and backed out of it yesterday. It isn't showing open my taks killer either. BW is acting just plain weird with usage lately too.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've never seen Beautiful Widgets even come up as a battery user on my Droid. Interesting.

jbernard703

Reaction score
I've never seen Beautiful Widgets even come up as a battery user on my Droid. Interesting.

Nor have I, but when i first installed it i swore it was draining my battery. But i still use it and my battery seems fine so i guess i was just imagining it.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
wow really weird issues. I dunno but my beautiful widgets don't even show up in the usage. Maybe try re installing? You guys have the recent one right, not the version gliding around before the cease and desist?

DuqDan83

Reaction score
I wonder if Flixster and beautiful widgets are not working well together? I also just recently installed Flixster.

Anyway, I emailed the developer at beautiful widgets and got the response:

"probably it got stuck because you were inside a building. You should enable network location on your phone, it is way better for the weather"

Which I have tried...

If others are having the problem, maybe try emailing.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I wonder if Flixster and beautiful widgets are not working well together? I also just recently installed Flixster.

Anyway, I emailed the developer at beautiful widgets and got the response:

"probably it got stuck because you were inside a building. You should enable network location on your phone, it is way better for the weather"

Which I have tried...

If others are having the problem, maybe try emailing.

Ok maybe this is something. Earlier in the week I disabled network location in the GPS settings. Wonder if that could have something to do with the sudden change in battery usage.

DuqDan83

Reaction score
From my experience, the only way I have been able to get the GPS to shut off is to force quit on beautiful widgets, even with GPS off in the settings menu. I have been able to get weather now from beautiful widged, but just not with the geolocation.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok still something going on. It has been off charge for 5 hours. Not used at all. Here are some of my usages.

Phone idle 25%
Flixter 20%
Beautiful Widgets 16%
Display (usually the highest all the time) 19%

Dunno why Flixter is using anything. I had it opened and backed out of it yesterday. It isn't showing open my taks killer either. BW is acting just plain weird with usage lately too.

I, too, had some issues that seem to have been associated with the latest update of Beautiful Widgets. For the first time it showed up in my battery use. Furthermore, my Droid encountered repeated instability problems seemingly associated with running out of memory. Even had to do two battery pulls in 24 hours. (Compared to only 3 in the last 3 months.)

I did the following and so far the system seems to have stabilized.

() Removed the BW date/weather widget from the four homescreens where I had it. (I run GDE.)

() After about 16 hours I put it back on one of the homescreens and changed the weather update from 15 minutes to 2 hours.

So far the system is stable and BW is not showing up in my battery usage.