Beautiful Widgets just became a battery hog??

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Ok maybe someone can answer this. What would cause Beautiful Widgets to all of a sudden become a battery hog??? My battery went down quicker than usual today and when I looked at the usage Beautiful Widgets had used 51% of the battery. WTF could have caused this???

jrl9851

Reaction score
Hmmm...my battery has been real bad lately after doing the latest beautiful widgets update. Where do I find the usage?

DuqDan83

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem! My GPS would not shut off and it has consumed 45 percent battery power. Menu, settings, about phone and then battery use will allow you to see how your battery is being used.

Fairly ridiculous...

hyunkoon

Reaction score
I realized my battery is dying really fast since yesterday.
And I didnot install any apps but upgraded weather widget.

This possibly can be the reason for the battery drainage.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yikes, hmmm I haven't notice any battery problems but I'll definitely notify the dev to make extra sure, and to see if he notice anything. What are you're checking intervals? Did you change them at-all?

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm still using the older Beautiful Widgets, before the change. I just looked and my usage is only 2% and that is with the weather to update every 15 minutes.

To check your battery usage, go to settings, click on about phone, click on battery usage.

dunamis

Reaction score
mine started like couple days ago...I was wondering what is causing my battery drain. I was deleting apps, taking off widgets, etc....still haven't figured out...could it be BW?

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Yikes, hmmm I haven't notice any battery problems but I'll definitely notify the dev to make extra sure, and to see if he notice anything. What are you're checking intervals? Did you change them at-all?

My checking intervals are every hour. Funny part is I had GPS turned off. And I haven't done the most recent update yet either.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

My checking intervals are every hour. Funny part is I had GPS turned off. And I haven't done the most recent update yet either.

I haven't spoken with him yet, as he hasn't gone online lol. But if you haven't already go ahead and send him and e-mail also just to be sure he gets the message!

riahon

Reaction score
I've noticed alot more battery drain, the last couple of days, myself. I haven't run any new apps and haven't used the phone any more than usual. Let me know what you find out.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Been using BW for a while and have not noticed any change in Battery here.

hacku

Reaction score
Not only having battery problems now, but it also stops responding all the time now. :(

mkstn

Reaction score
Hmmm...my battery has been real bad lately after doing the latest beautiful widgets update. Where do I find the usage?

Same problem... it happened after the last update! But like the others who posted apps is only tanking 3%
I am thinking one should not update if everything is working ok! :mad:

Last edited: