Battery Usage

ronnieg56

Reaction score
Using VZW Droid Charge

Is there a list of settings to change to save battery usage?
Has Samsung or maybe a member has made a list of such things because my battery usage goes down fast every day. I can almost actually see the blue bar moving :palm:

When I looked at the battery usage percentages it says "display: 68%". I never leave the display on and I have it on battery saver settiing, I am also always exiting items running in the Task Manager so I can't understand why my battery is being used up so quickly. I have to be missing something

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!!

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Using VZW Droid Charge

Is there a list of settings to change to save battery usage?
Has Samsung or maybe a member has made a list of such things because my battery usage goes down fast every day. I can almost actually see the blue bar moving :palm:

When I looked at the battery usage percentages it says "display: 68%". I never leave the display on and I have it on battery saver settiing, I am also always exiting items running in the Task Manager so I can't understand why my battery is being used up so quickly. I have to be missing something

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!!

Ok, here ya go...bear in mind that I made this list of what "I" do to get the most out of my Droid X battery...it should cross over to the Charge fairly easily...YMMV though...

1) Go into Settings--->Battery--->Nightime Saver Mode..this is actually IMO a better setting than Maximum Saver, at least on my Droid X.

2) Your e-mail accounts, do they sync on their own? What type of schedule? Sync only over WiFi or over 3G as well? Set them for WiFI Only if you are in a good WiFi area...extend the times out if you are mostly on 3G.

3) What type of signal reception do you have, Great, Good, Lousy or 2 Soup Cans and some String? If your signal reception is Low, your phone will work harder trying to stay connected and trying to bounce between stronger towers. If signal is really bad, but a free WiFi connection is available, switch the WiFi on and keep it on until you are in a better 3G/4G area. 4G has been notoriously harder on battery usage, so if you can, switch it off if you arent going to be be needing it all the time.

4) Do you have any Social Widgets, RSS Feed Widgets, Weather Widgets or any other Widgets/Apps that like to update themselves regularly? If so, what are the refresh times for each? Can you set them to only update on a Manual Push? If not, then set the frequency to the longest permissible time frame for your ease of use and lifestyle.

Thats basically all my "tricks" that I utilize to keep my Droid X going for upwards of 20-24+ hours on any given day....I hope they might help you as well...":)

OP
ronnieg56

ronnieg56

Reaction score
Thank you both for the replies. I am sure they will help out tremendously.

Thanks again!!!

jseah

Reaction score
I think the "Display" usage is a problem with the 4G phones. Whenever my battery gets used up fast, even though I am not using the phone much, the display percentage is usually at 65% or higher. Everything else will be around 5% or less.

B

Brucew0617

I think the "Display" usage is a problem with the 4G phones. Whenever my battery gets used up fast, even though I am not using the phone much, the display percentage is usually at 65% or higher. Everything else will be around 5% or less.
I should to say "Display" spend 74% of battery in my mobile phone. Much more than you. But most of the time I will close mobile network and WIFI.