Im an idiot. Mst likely bricked for good.

Reaction score
Hello, you can call me moron. I was an idiot and tried a bunch of things I knew nothing about on my Droid 3. I think I got it rooted, then I tried flashing a ROM onto it. It didnt take, but my phone was doing weird booting things. I called it quits and was thankful my phone still worked. I was able to turn it off and on, but i had to hold volume up and down then power to turn it on. I was ok with that and decided I shouldnt mod it anymore. I think I charged it last night, but the phone died during my work day.

If I plug it into the wall charger, "AP Fastboot" (I believe thats what it is) pops up. Same if plugged into the computer:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure)
0A.53

Battery Low
Cannot Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

I have had it plugged in for about an hour and a half now, but I dont think it is charging. The power button just brings up the text (above). If I unplug it just to try and turn it on with the volume buttons held, or just the power button, nothing. I guess first things first is I gotta charge this battery somehow...

Any suggestions would be appreciated. The sad thing is I actually know my way around computers, I just went into this way too fast without reading and studying enough. If this requires someones time to quite a degree, Id be willing to offer some cash through paypal, or maybe some bitcoin when I buy some more coming up.

OP
T
Reaction score
Holy crap! I just mashed buttons in that AP mode or whatever and it got to the point where it asked what kind of boot i want. I said normal and it now is showing the charging icon (the point where it wont turn on, but is charging).

Once I get it fully booted into normal working mode, what do you guys suggest for getting it back to factory state? Then you could choose a suitable punishment for me being a dumb ass.

EDIT: Fully booted up into normal working mode now. Im just letting it sit plugged into the wall charger for now.

Last edited: