I'm afraid I am SOL, but it doesn't hurt to ask...

markme123

Reaction score
My Moto Droid (rooted, Smoked Glass) is boot loop stuck.

but...it may be worse than it sounds:

I tried updating the Google Maps app to 4.4 version. Incompatible update issues caused me to find a way to uninstall the app, then downloading 4.4 from the marketplace.

Well I followed this advice:

I'm running a Droid Froyo-based ROM. I had to erase /system/app/Maps.apk, remove the related <shared-user> tag from /data/system/packages.xml, reboot, and then install Maps from the market. Works fine, now.

I did the above, making sure to only delete:
<shared-user name="com.google.android.apps.maps" userId="10005">
<sigs count="1">
<cert index="4" />
</sigs>
<perms />

I rebooted the phone and now it just loops the boot screen. Again and again and again. I tried hold up the x+ power and it doesn't work. If only I could access the menu via usb, so I could replace the new .xml file with the original I saved in the SD card.

Any help?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you can get into the bootloader screen (power up while holding camera and volume down), you should be able to flash the sbf of stock 2.0.1

check out link one in my sig on how to do this.

OP
M

markme123

Reaction score
if you can get into the bootloader screen (power up while holding camera and volume down), you should be able to flash the sbf of stock 2.0.1

Before I read your instructions I need to clarify that I am running a rooted 2.0.1 Droid on Metro PCS. I do not have access to RSDlite on this computer; unmounted/data, /unmounted cache, and i have never backed up the phone.

I am at Android System recovery now. My options are:

reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
mount options
backup/restore
install

What would someone recommend I do from here? If possible I would like to bypass the instructions you linked me to, if possible since I am at a work computer.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6

Before I read your instructions I need to clarify that I am running a rooted 2.0.1 Droid on Metro PCS. I do not have access to RSDlite on this computer; unmounted/data, /unmounted cache, and i have never backed up the phone.

reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
mount options
backup/restore
install

What would someone recommend I do from here? If possible I would like to bypass the instructions you linked me to, if possible since I am at a work computer.

Do you have a data cable with you?

If so, you can download a ROM onto your computer, then transfer it to the SD card using the "mount/unmount" options that you see. Be sure to rename the ROM you download to "update.zip" before you move it to the SD card, then be sure to place it into the root of the SD card.

Once that's there you can install the ROM and you'll be back in business.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
mount options
backup/restore
install

When you are stuck in a boot loop if you can do a wipe data/wipe cache/ Factory Data reset then do that.

I don't believe you can go to 2.0.1 that wasn't ever on the Droid 2.

OP
M

markme123

Reaction score

reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
mount options
backup/restore
install

When you are stuck in a boot loop if you can do a wipe data/wipe cache/ Factory Data reset then do that.

I don't believe you can go to 2.0.1 that wasn't ever on the Droid 2.

This an original Moto Droid not a Droid 2. By the way, what data is affected by wiping/resetting?

OP
M

markme123

Reaction score
Well, wiping the data, cache, and reseting the device worked. I'm just glad it didn't mess up my Metro flash. Thanks, everyone.

Now, the issue that I have is setting up the internet/web on this phone. I had it, but it stopped working a week back. Which forum should I navigate to to post a thread?