I'll not be buying gas from BP ever again.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So true, Oil was even the reason gas prices spiked like crazy!

Yup and which led to all the baggage and other stupid fees from the airlines. We have been crippled by 9/11 and the the oil spike. Airlines are struggling to get bye. We are constantly having meetings on ways to cut cost so we will have a job in the near future.

Yeah its crazy how this world depends on oil so much.

People holler going green. Its easier said then done. Okay an aircraft manufacturer makes an aircraft that is fuel efficient. Well you take a huge loss intially because you have to buy the aircraft; train the crew to fly it (if it is a different aircraft type), train maintenance to fix it, buy all the new parts for when it breaks, oh and it still will consume fuels. The money you save in fuels will not take place until probable 3-5 yrs down the line. I think that can be said with many of the people working different jobs. Its easier to change out a light bulb, but to buy new equipment is more said then done. Everybody is for it...we all are green until the boss pulls you in the office and tell you that people will have to take a pay cut to pay for it. Then its like "F all that" . No one wants to have to take a cut. But a company has to make money to pay workers. They do not make money they can not pay folks.
I am not saying corporations are not greedy, because I think they can do better with how they handle pollution and treat their employees at times. But a company pays more then wages, they also take a hit on benefits. We always want more but at times are not willing to give up as much. The boss man is always under pressure to save money, we can help by watching paper and equipment waste. Even though you think (hey its just a couple sheets of paper) you should not be using office equipment for your own personal business.

Just saying

J

Johnly

We need to stop the tap from running dry so that we can still have these products for years to com. These are all petroleum based. It is only a snap shot. Wake up.

ammonia
anesthetics
antifreeze
antihistamines
antiseptics

volleyballs
water pipes
water skis
wax
wax paper

That's an impressive list but 40% of it can be made without crude oil pulled from the ground and made with oils from plants and such.

But your point about being addicted to oil is VERY valid.
I agree, and we have some amazing chemistry knowledge to do so, but the general public hasn't hit bottom yet, so it is acceptable for now. Thanks for bringing that up.

Don't be fooled, we are effen injecting oil into our veins every day. It is everywhere. AM I going to buy from the several oil companies that are being responsible as of late? Yes, but the bigger picture not mentioned in this thread of BP lovers, haters (me) and bystanders is that we need to put the effen needle down, because the shiznet is running out fast. Tapping all the oil we can now is foolish. There are already cleaner, safer, more economic, and greener ways of running this country. Oil lobbyest are going to fubar you until your ground has taped out. Then what?

Would I like a cleaner energy source? Yes. Do we need to keep working towards a universal cleaner energy source? Yes. But if you think there is already an energy source that combines cleaner, safer, AND more economic ways of running the country... then you have been drinking too much Unicorn Cool-Aid. Oil is it with our current technology

So I will be waiting for your post to tell me where to go buy the Unicorn Cool-Aid to fill up my crew cab V8 American Made Pre-Obama Motors Silverado so I can continue to service the clients of my business and continue to feed my family
We will always need oil. Our lives are embedded with it. The corn fuel is, and always will be a bad Idea, so I am passing that cup of koolaid up. We have so much natural gas in our country, we could do away with petrloeum based fuels for hundreds of years, and export to other countries too. We need to stop using the little oil we have left, so that we can keep our V8's lubed.

We can't get stuck and say, it is what it is (and it is) we just need to, as a whole, develop a common conscience, that we can, and must change. Or else.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't be fooled, we are effen injecting oil into our veins every day. It is everywhere. AM I going to buy from the several oil companies that are being responsible as of late? Yes, but the bigger picture not mentioned in this thread of BP lovers, haters (me) and bystanders is that we need to put the effen needle down, because the shiznet is running out fast. Tapping all the oil we can now is foolish. There are already cleaner, safer, more economic, and greener ways of running this country. Oil lobbyest are going to fubar you until your ground has taped out. Then what?

Would I like a cleaner energy source? Yes. Do we need to keep working towards a universal cleaner energy source? Yes. But if you think there is already an energy source that combines cleaner, safer, AND more economic ways of running the country... then you have been drinking too much Unicorn Cool-Aid. Oil is it with our current technology

So I will be waiting for your post to tell me where to go buy the Unicorn Cool-Aid to fill up my crew cab V8 American Made Pre-Obama Motors Silverado so I can continue to service the clients of my business and continue to feed my family

I agree with the unicorn theory..but Pre-OBama....really....really what in the heck does that have to do with any thing. We have been oil happy way before Obama, Bush jr, Bush sr., heck before Regan, so os and so on...

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
If only we didn't kill the electric car years ago.

Actually the death of the electric car happened long ago in the 1910s...

Electric car - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Little did we know just screwed ourselves. Just think of how different the world would have been. Our electrical infrastructure would be TOTALLY different. Our battery tech would be TOTALLY different. Traffic induced smog in places like L.A. or NYC would probably be unheard of. How we view cars would be TOTALLY different.

Damn.

kristoff125

Reaction score
It was resurrected but then the car companies killed it. as did oil, as did government.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The point I was making is that though we decided to go toward fuels we are looking at electric vehicles. But electricity has to be safe. If you charge the car at your house then your burning something to charge the electricity. Early 2000s when companies were experimenting putting out some hybrids firefighter were getting killed trying to hack open a car and hitting a high voltage wire. Yeah we need to lean into vehicles that are fuel efficient. But if you have a family tryna make it and they have a choice between a 14000 sentra or an electric vehicle that is twice that we know what the choice is going to be.
But it would be interesting to know where we would/coulda been with electric. But fossil fuels seemed cheaper and readily available at the time. And of course the greed of the oil companies. The sam greed that cheated farmers out of the alternative fuels in the 90s.

Daver

Reaction score
My $.2 on this...I'm not very much of a "tree-hugger", but even this is gut wrenching to me. I'd also join your boycott, but I already don't run BP lol. Their gas never ran well in my old 2 stroke dirtbikes and quads, nor tuned well on my street bikes and cars so I already boycotted it haha.

kristoff125

Reaction score
If we put money into the technology, the technology will become cheaper as it becomes older. Batteries get cheaper and more efficient as we spend money on R&D trying to make them cheaper and more efficient.
GM bought out a company that was making EV quality batteries just to shut it down...

the3dolla

Reaction score
My $.2 on this...I'm not very much of a "tree-hugger", but even this is gut wrenching to me. I'd also join your boycott, but I already don't run BP lol. Their gas never ran well in my old 2 stroke dirtbikes and quads, nor tuned well on my street bikes and cars so I already boycotted it haha.

$.2 = 20 cents.
$.02 = 2 cents.

Vink70

Reaction score
im not even going to bother reading it. but from the statistics i have read up to date. the amount of oil lost is what the US uses in 5 HOURS per day...

Also there was a scientist on there that is not getting much credit but he said from naturally leaking oil through fissures in the sea, we lose more than what we have lost so far in one day.

Look at Nigeria... Its normal for this to happen atleast once a year.

kristoff125

Reaction score
im not even going to bother reading it. but from the statistics i have read up to date. the amount of oil lost is what the US uses in 5 HOURS per day...

Also there was a scientist on there that is not getting much credit but he said from naturally leaking oil through fissures in the sea, we lose more than what we have lost so far in one day.

Look at Nigeria... Its normal for this to happen atleast once a year.

But the oil that naturally seeps has been doing so for longer than I know, and it doesn't all seep into the gulf and onto the coast and destroy the eco system. BP tried to salvage the well more than save the water, that's the problem.