I'll not be buying gas from BP ever again.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I hope everyone here knows that it's impossible to boycott BP at the gas pump.

The fuel that you put in your car comes from huge petrol stations that ALL of the different distributors use. The gas trucks that you see on the highway pull up to the distribution centers and load up on whatever octane a local consumer station orders. Then they add a few gallons of the particular additives that a given fuel company uses, then it's sold by your local station. You only effect the local point of sale. They'll just change their affiliation and sell the fuel to you that way. BP will still go on selling fuel to the depots because they make their loot long before you've put a single drop in your tank.

If you drive to the outskirts of your town no doubt you've seen where gasoline comes from...

160634430_22b3e08a96.jpg

BOTTOM LINE... All different brands of fuel come from the SAME place. The only difference are the additives that they add after they fill up the tanker truck.

The thing that pisses me off besides the destroyed lives and land is the fact that NOT ONCE has BP told the truth or been forthcoming with anything they've said. Every time, WITHOUT EXCEPTION, that they've been asked a question their initial response has always been either an outright lie or a lie of omission. They're banking on the fact that we can never find out how much oil has been released into the Gulf because they get fined by the barrel. They're lying to save their bottom line and to avoid direct responsibility, which in my book should be met with jail time in a "pound-me-in-the-arse" prison. Not that white collar jail crap.

I know BP is a British company, but for all of the people who say trust big business and stay out of their workings... this is what you enable when you let them have a loose chain.

I'm just as guilty as the next guy and then some. I drive a 300 SRT8. Besides cars my next hobby is gadgets. I think I might make the choice to be more responsible in what I drive even though I have a passion for fast things. It actually takes a lot for me to say that. I'm actually in a position to get a car I've lusted for since I was a kid, and I'm thinking about not doing it for reasons like this. We HAVE to break our dependence.

Last edited:

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I can tell you that it is very difficult to stop a well that has blown out. We watched a well burn over a month in 100 ft. of water...5,000 is a whole new ball game. with over 15,000 psi and all that gas it is not so easy to do.My boat is at the scene as we speak, I got off a couple days ago, and it is a very long, hard , depressing job that is being carried out at this time. I stand to loose my job after 24 years due to our company looking to send vessels over seas with them looking to stop future drilling, I don't care to follow the vessel to Brazil but may have to to get a check each month but my crew won't be so lucky as the only americans onboard would be the captain and chief engineer. This will get worse before it gets better for many of us. This pic is a jackup alongside a production platform that we watched melt. What is going on now is many times worse and I'm not seeing an early end in sight. Looking back the oil industry has a pretty good record, I can't count the number of wells I have been a part of and nothing has happened like this....As bad as this is I have a hard time condeming the industry because of this accident. If it were a common occurance sure but this is not the norm.....

J

Johnly

not just gas. Plastics, medicine, rubber... just about everything you buy has oil in the production process. And the only product that normally doesn't have oil in its creation; food, still uses oil for the transportation. If half of driving american public made sure not to buy gas from a BP station, it would only be a discomfort to them.
Who cares what a boycott will accomplish? That is not the point. It is the principal of avoiding purchasing goods from an irresponsible company. BP will have to re infrastructure their company, and sell allot of assets just to pay for what they destroyed. IMO, BP has already cut their throat. The media says a boycott won't have an effect, but they are missing the point. I am going to avoid BP products as much as I can, and I hope the little stations carrying the BP name will do the same and switch out their product for a better one:icon_ banana:

You gonna quit your job, you gonna turn off your electricity, you gonna drop out of school and live in the wild. Because that is what it would take to boycott BP. Now how many people will really do that. Because if all the people on this forum did that, this forum would die.
Boycotting BP is all talk. You can not truly boycott BP, when you go to walmart or the local grocery store you paying BP. The guy driving the truck is going to the cheapest/closet gas station. You want to do something, find out ways to help out the gulf coast community.
Who said that! I just wont go BP if I know it is BP, you funny#1 but you are so right. I don't work, so no job to cry about. I can live without electricity, and are nestled in the mountains pretty well. I can survive without walmart, yes. I agree, helping the gulf community is priority #1. Just don't be a dud, and think where you spend you dollar has no importance. Again, you can avoid BP products as best as you can, but don't loose your day job over it, there are plenty of other oil companies doing business. Why an American company isn't drilling off the coast should be the question.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Johnly

You gonna quit your job, you gonna turn off your electricity, you gonna drop out of school and live in the wild. Because that is what it would take to boycott BP. Now how many people will really do that. Because if all the people on this forum did that, this forum would die.
Boycotting BP is all talk. You can not truly boycott BP, when you go to walmart or the local grocery store you paying BP. The guy driving the truck is going to the cheapest/closet gas station. You want to do something, find out ways to help out the gulf coast community.

sounds like Ted Kaczynski
ha ha, I think he had some unresolved psychosocial crisis, lol!

J

Johnly

Don't be fooled, we are injecting oil into our veins every day. It is everywhere. AM I going to buy from the several oil companies that are being responsible as of late? Yes, but the bigger picture not mentioned in this thread of BP lovers, haters (me) and bystanders is that we need to put the needle down, because the shiznet is running out fast. Tapping all the oil we can now is foolish. There are already cleaner, safer, more economic, and greener ways of running this country. Oil lobbyest are going to fubar you until your ground has taped out. Then what?

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Johnly

We need to stop the tap from running dry so that we can still have these products for years to com. These are all petroleum based. It is only a snap shot. Wake up.

ammonia
anesthetics
antifreeze
antihistamines
antiseptics
artificial limbs
artificial turf
aspirin
awnings
balloons
ballpoint pens
bandages
basketballs
bearing grease
bicycle tires
boats
cameras
candles
car battery cases
car enamel
cassettes
caulking
cd player
cd's
clothes
clothesline
cold cream
combs
cortisone
crayons
curtains
dashboards
denture adhesive
dentures
deodorant
detergents
dice
diesel
dishes
dishwasher
dresses
drinking cups
dyes
electric blankets
electrician's tape
enamel
epoxy
eyeglasses
fan belts
faucet washers
fertilizers
fishing boots
fishing lures
fishing rods
floor wax
folding doors
food preservatives
football cleats
football helmets
footballs
footballs
gasoline
glycerin
golf bags
golf balls
guitar strings
hair coloring
hair curlers
hand lotion
heart valves
house paint
ice chests
ice cube trays
ink
insect repellent
insecticides
life jackets
linings
linoleum
lipstick
luggage
model cars
mops
motor oil
motorcycle helmet
movie film
nail polish
nylon rope
oil filters
paint
paint brushes
paint rollers
panty hose
parachutes
percolators
perfumes
petroleum jelly
pillows
plastic wood
purses
putty
refrigerant
refrigerators
roller skates
roofing
rubber cement
rubbing alcohol
safety glasses
shag rugs
shampoo
shaving cream
shoe polish
shoes
shower curtains
skis
slacks
soap
soft contact lenses
solvents
speakers
sports car bodies
sun glasses
surf boards
sweaters
synthetic rubber
telephones
tennis rackets
tents
tires
toilet seats
tool boxes
tool racks
toothbrushes
toothpaste
transparent tape
trash bags
tv cabinets
umbrellas
upholstery
vaporizers
vitamin capsules
water pipes
wheels
yarn
air conditioners
ammonia
anti-histamines
antiseptics
artificial turf
asphalt
aspirin
balloons
bandages
boats
bottles
bras
bubble gum
butane
cameras
candles
car batteries
car bodies
carpet
cassette tapes
caulking
cds
chewing gum
combs/brushes
computers
contacts
cortisone
crayons
cream
denture adhesives
deodorant
detergents
dice
dishwashing liquid
dresses
dryers
electric blankets
electrician’s tape
fertilizers
fishing lures
fishing rods
floor wax
footballs
glues
glycerin
golf balls
guitar strings
hair
hair coloring
hair curlers
hearing aids
heart valves
heating oil
house paint
ice chests
ink
insect repellent
insulation
jet fuel
life jackets
linoleum
lip balm
lipstick
loudspeakers
medicines
mops
motor oil
motorcycle helmets
movie film
nail polish
oil filters
paddles
paint brushes
paints
parachutes
paraffin
pens
perfumes
petroleum jelly
plastic chairs
plastic cups
plastic forks
plastic wrap
plastics
plywood adhesives
refrigerators
roller-skate wheels
roofing paper
rubber bands
rubber boots
rubber cement
rubbish bags
running shoes
saccharine
seals
shirts (non-cotton)
shoe polish
shoes
shower curtains
solvents
spectacles
stereos
sweaters
table tennis balls
tape recorders
telephones
tennis rackets
thermos
tights
toilet seats
toners
toothpaste
transparencies
transparent tape
tv cabinets
typewriter/computer ribbons
tires
umbrellas
upholstery
vaporizers
vitamin capsules
volleyballs
water pipes
water skis
wax
wax paper

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
We need to stop the tap from running dry so that we can still have these products for years to com. These are all petroleum based. It is only a snap shot. Wake up.

ammonia
anesthetics
antifreeze
antihistamines
antiseptics

volleyballs
water pipes
water skis
wax
wax paper

That's an impressive list but 40% of it can be made without crude oil pulled from the ground and made with oils from plants and such.

But your point about being addicted to oil is VERY valid.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Don't be fooled, we are effen injecting oil into our veins every day. It is everywhere. AM I going to buy from the several oil companies that are being responsible as of late? Yes, but the bigger picture not mentioned in this thread of BP lovers, haters (me) and bystanders is that we need to put the effen needle down, because the shiznet is running out fast. Tapping all the oil we can now is foolish. There are already cleaner, safer, more economic, and greener ways of running this country. Oil lobbyest are going to fubar you until your ground has taped out. Then what?

Would I like a cleaner energy source? Yes. Do we need to keep working towards a universal cleaner energy source? Yes. But if you think there is already an energy source that combines cleaner, safer, AND more economic ways of running the country... then you have been drinking too much Unicorn Cool-Aid. Oil is it with our current technology

So I will be waiting for your post to tell me where to go buy the Unicorn Cool-Aid to fill up my crew cab V8 American Made Pre-Obama Motors Silverado so I can continue to service the clients of my business and continue to feed my family

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Walmart uses biodiesel anyways now, as for electricity, they don't use oil as much for electricity as coal and nuclear are much cheaper. As for school, not getting how my school is supporting BP...a boycott is about a statement, that you can live without directly interacting with the company, not indirectly inadvertantly helping the company.

Almost every man-made product uses oil in the process somewhere.....

So true, Oil was even the reason gas prices spiked like crazy!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Walmart uses biodiesel anyways now, as for electricity, they don't use oil as much for electricity as coal and nuclear are much cheaper. As for school, not getting how my school is supporting BP...a boycott is about a statement, that you can live without directly interacting with the company, not indirectly inadvertantly helping the company.

Yup and which led to all the baggage and other stupid fees from the airlines. We have been crippled by 9/11 and the the oil spike. Airlines are struggling to get bye. We are constantly having meetings on ways to cut cost so we will have a job in the near future.

V

verian

Alot of those things on that list could be made with hemp, and or hemp oil.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

Yup and which led to all the baggage and other stupid fees from the airlines. We have been crippled by 9/11 and the the oil spike. Airlines are struggling to get bye. We are constantly having meetings on ways to cut cost so we will have a job in the near future.

Yeah its crazy how this world depends on oil so much.