iheartradio issue

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
The iheartradio app works great for me on every station that I have tried except Rush Radio 99.5 WRNO, a New Orleans radio station. The station logo comes up, but it just says connecting... for an eternity. I tried uninstalling and installing iheart and that did not fix it.

How can I fix this?

Can someone else try that station and see if it works?

Big Cam

Reaction score
It's just a random issue.

it happenes to me on numerous stations randomly. Clear channel is a bunch of dousches, so they never update or care about their app.

Sorry to say but you are kind of stuck.

Check out mymuze.fm You can add your own station, unfortunetaly it works like a website so you can't so anything else while listening. It used to be my only streaming option on my old blackberry.

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Randomness is one thing. This station has never worked for me. Will anyone else try it?

NVash

Reaction score
I despise iheartradio. I tried it on my iTouch and then I installed it on my Droid. It never worked either time, it just said it was Buffering forever. Anyone know how to fix that problem?

EDIT:
Well, surprising me I actually got one station to work. I figured it might be my choice of stations and went to check out some others. They got stuck on Buffering. So seemingly in my location I can only run one radio station. And then I went back to that one, it took awhile to start airing it and then Force Closed.

EDIT AGAIN:
Well, that one station seems to be working perfectly. I feel almost bad for dissing the app until I realize this is the only station that works. Then again, it gave many different errors during the song, cutting off and skipping parts, then I had to actually go back to the station for some odd reason. I cant even listen to one song without this thing messing up once. I must ask, any other apps that can play local radio stations? Or do I have to sign up for Pandora and / or Slacker?

Last edited:

posttal

Reaction score
Just downloaded iheartradio..the first time i tried it it locked my incredible and I had to pull the battery to reset.I rebooted and tried it again and it works perfect..so now i can listen to WMMS and get Rovers morning glory in the morning and catch Triv in the afternoon...I'm in cleveland.
So far the droid incredible has been pretty slick.I do wish it had a better phone.It would be nice to set shortcut keys to favorite numbers and hide all the incoming ,outgoing and missed calls and just have the phone book on the screen..theres tooooo much scrolling going on.

NVash

Reaction score
Well, at a friends request I hooked up Pandora. From there I hooked up Last.FM and I just switch between the three of them.

cb2000a

Reaction score
Forget IHeart and try A Online Radio. Much better...

And you can get stations from all over the world.

NVash

Reaction score
There an app for that?

Pandora and Last.FM irk my last nerve. If I chose a radio station with a certain artist its great that they add others similar to them but I may just want to hear that artist. There should be some option to cut the Similar To additions off. And whats worse, Pandora only lets you skip a certain amount of songs and Last.FM seems to have infinite skips but it doesnt matter cause you wont find the artist.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
RadioTime is worth the $3... I've never had luck with iHeartRadio, and RadioTime hasnt failed me yet.

BuzWeaver

Reaction score
It's just a random issue.

it happenes to me on numerous stations randomly. Clear channel is a bunch of dousches, so they never update or care about their app.

Sorry to say but you are kind of stuck.

Check out mymuze.fm You can add your own station, unfortunetaly it works like a website so you can't so anything else while listening. It used to be my only streaming option on my old blackberry.

Doesn't the App work similarly to Slacker or Pandora? Slacker and Pandora work flawlessly, however iHeart is intermittent. It seems some stations work better on certain days than others, even times of the day seem to effect it. I'm curious if its a bandwidth issue or what?