Who else has problems with iheartradio?

radioboy

Reaction score
Yea, its working for me now too...finally, thanks.

I used to work in IT and I can't believe nobody from Clear Channel noticed it wasn't working for an entire week.

I use the app everyday. Believe me, we noticed it. There were more problems than was obvious on the surface...and not ALL channels were affected equally. Some of this stems from the fact that we use a separate streaming source for all channels on the Android version of the app vs. the feeds for BlackBerry and iPhone.

I know for a fact this has become a top priority to fix.

ldimick

Reaction score
Thanks for the work and notification Radioboy. I deleted Iheartradio last night when I found this problem. But I will put it back on because you have been visible here.

radioboy

Reaction score
Thanks for the work and notification Radioboy. I deleted Iheartradio last night when I found this problem. But I will put it back on because you have been visible here.

Thanks for giving us another chance! I know the team is working on an update to the app (2.3) and it should be available soon...although I do not have an exact date.

Sleeve

Reaction score
Regardless of where you live in the company's org chart, it's very huge of you to come here and talk to your customers openly and help us. For that you get at least my loyalty. Now follow through with the responsible people that are running streaming servers without any monitoring software checking them and you'll have everyone's loyalty.

radioboy

Reaction score
Regardless of where you live in the company's org chart, it's very huge of you to come here and talk to your customers openly and help us. For that you get at least my loyalty. Now follow through with the responsible people that are running streaming servers without any monitoring software checking them and you'll have everyone's loyalty.

Thanks, Sleeve! I'm glad to hear it! The team worked hard through the night and as of today, it appears the app is running more solidly than it was in previous days. As I said, 2.3 is right around the corner...and that should resolve a lot of connection issues (at least I sure hope it does because I like using the app too). The server issues are being addressed as well. We use a very large streaming company - these kind of issues simply shouldn't exist.

draugauth

Reaction score
I love to use this app myself. Glad to see it is working once more. Although lately at work I have been reading all 20+ years of Dilbert /lol.

Good thing is most of the time I can still listen to 95.5 at work even if the app does take a dump. Although I noticed the app has a delay in the shows from the radio.

radioboy

Reaction score
Although I noticed the app has a delay in the shows from the radio.

The delay is due to the encoding of the signal and the delivery over the network to your device. Not much we can do about that, unfortunately.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks, Sleeve! I'm glad to hear it! The team worked hard through the night and as of today, it appears the app is running more solidly than it was in previous days. As I said, 2.3 is right around the corner...and that should resolve a lot of connection issues (at least I sure hope it does because I like using the app too). The server issues are being addressed as well. We use a very large streaming company - these kind of issues simply shouldn't exist.
Radioboy, it is refreshing to see someone from iheartradio come over here, acknowledge the issues, and reassure us that you are getting the attention of those within the company to get things fixed. Tonight I had to pick my son up from his martial arts class, and I wanted to catch the Penguins on 105.9 The X in Pittsburgh, and all I got was "buffering" and never got the game so missed the 3rd period. I remember when I had my Storm I never even gave it a thought that the station I wanted to listen to would just buffer and never play. It was very reliable and I'm now more confident that you'll have the bugs worked out quickly.

draugauth

Reaction score
Although I noticed the app has a delay in the shows from the radio.

The delay is due to the encoding of the signal and the delivery over the network to your device. Not much we can do about that, unfortunately.

That is surprising as the live has to be delayed under FCC. I would have thought the internet feed would not have that limitation. I learned something new today! Thanks for the info.

travisinkansas

Reaction score
I noticed today that mine would continue buffering then connecting over and over if I switched stations a couple of times. I killed the app and restarted the app and it worked fine until I switched stations a few times in less than a minute.

DroidFan

Reaction score
I tried out my iheartradio app tonight after reading this thread. I have updated it and didn't have any problems with it connecting to my fav radio station. The streaming was laggy at times, but I'd expect that depending on the 3G reception.

BSPollard

Reaction score
I contacted iHeartRadio support and they got back to me and said they are working on a new version...but that was a few weeks ago. It's frustrating because it's an awesome app when it works...but it doesn't (so much) on the Droid.

radioboy

Reaction score
I contacted iHeartRadio support and they got back to me and said they are working on a new version...but that was a few weeks ago. It's frustrating because it's an awesome app when it works...but it doesn't (so much) on the Droid.

I'm actually using the new Beta right now (I work for Clear Channel) and I can tell you the wait is FAR worth it!!! It's the best version of the app I've ever used. Channels tune within seconds...and even hold the stream when switching from 3G to 1X areas. I'm being completely honest when I say I was skeptical that the app was going to improve...but they're using a new codec now and it's made all the difference in the world. The team has done a great job. Join the iheartradio facebook page to apply for the beta...they're still looking for folks.