If you've overclocked your Droid, what's it set to?

KaliniuS

Reaction score
I currently have my Droid overclocked at 900 MHz and it's running quite nicely. My question is what do you all have yours set at and have you noticed any negative side effects? I want to go higher but not too far into dangerous territory.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I found that the Droid will tell you if your pushing to hard. Mine can go to 1.1 and run fine, but anything over that I get bootloop's and heat issues. My wifes can go to 1.25 and run fine, some people have been higher then that but thats seems greedy.

volando

Reaction score
My first droid was fine with 1.2, then the screen broke and the replacement could barely do 1ghz... it really depends on your unit and luck!

Reaction score
I also have it set to 800 for battery life. Some droids can run higher clock speeds no problem (as mentioned earlier) with low voltage kernels to help keep them cool, that is if you don't mind the battery drain.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to run on chevys 1.1 ulv, but I'm down to corcor's 1000, underclocked to 800 on smartMoD.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jchammer123

Reaction score
I had mine set to 1.2 ghz for a long time. Now I realize that I didn't really need that, it was more for bragging rights! Now I run at a solid 1ghz.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

phonetool

Reaction score
I've got a 2800mAh battery on, so I'm not worried about power.
That said, my Droid is running CM7RC4 and ChevyNo1 LV/1GHz kernel 250/1000 on demand. I'm past 100 hours on this charge and headed for 125 or so.
I'm only on wifi, though, not hooked to a network yet. I'll probably jump on next month.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Now I'm running Prime's deprimed kernel at 900mhz. When I first started overclocking, I would set it at 1.2ghz. Later saw it was pointless because my phone didn't like being set that high. Actually made it slower.

If you do try different kernels, I suggest loading a few to the sd. That way if you bootloop your not stuck, just boot to recovery and flash another. This saves time by not flashing a backup. If you do have bootloops, try a different kernel that's either lower in frequency of one with higher voltage.

Swyped from a Droid

draneo

Reaction score
Finally found my limit. Now stable at ulv 1.15.

Sent from my Droid X

OP
K

KaliniuS

Reaction score
I bumped mine up a notch to a solid 1 GHz. No problems at all and it runs great. I don't think I'll be running it any higher though.

TomSr

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what is the stock speed of the Droid and Droid 2?

I have my D2 at 1.1ghz max using Droid Overclock