If you're considering the extended battery

RichardMW

Reaction score
only 4 grams

I weighed the S. Nexus with the standard battery and the extended battery.
The extended battery adds 4 grams. That is .15 ounces.
The extra weight is negligible.
But, the phone feels thicker with the extended battery.

mach330

Reaction score
The bottom has to go in first and then snap the rest in. The 2 bottom tabs are bigger so they go in first

On a side note I was impressed with the ext battery the first day unused it. I was then surprised today though when I worked the same places and used the standard battery instead and it lasted very well today. I swapped the ext one in late in the afternoon and it seemed to be not much different. I think the few cycles really do help the batteries. Today I picked up the extra standard battery with the charger combo. That way I can have one charging while I'm using the other. Seems like a great system to have a hot one waiting.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I do the same thing. That way I never have to be close to an outlet when I use my phone and charge it. I got the extended battery as well and it fits in that separate charger (except you can't close it when charging)

I ordered an extended battery on Saturday, not here yet.
Can you use the normal battery with the extended cover without loosing contact if you shake the phone? With my old phone I had two batteries same size, I don't want to carry a cover too.

I think you can. I tried it and it didn't seem to shake loose.

Magnious

Reaction score
The VZW Silicon case works with both the Extended and Standard batteries.

[video=youtube;_I0hEZtfbZA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I0hEZtfbZA&feature=player_embedded[/video]

busab

Reaction score
I had Verizon go ahead and install the extended battery in mine first thing. The phone feels great with it and because I've never used it with the standard battery I don't even know its there. Lol

ænyoc

Reaction score
I had Verizon go ahead and install the extended battery in mine first thing. The phone feels great with it and because I've never used it with the standard battery I don't even know its there. Lol

You let them touch it? The rep @ Costco let me do everything. I was the only one to touch my phone until my wife came home from work and asked to see it =P

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.

busab

Reaction score
You let them touch it? The rep @ Costco let me do everything. I was the only one to touch my phone until my wife came home from work and asked to see it =P

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.

Lol yeah I did. But the Verizon girl was hot so I didn't mind her touching my my large gadget.

ænyoc

Reaction score
Lol, fair enough.