If you were ever on .32, please update to the newest kernel

jhanford

Reaction score

jhanford

Reaction score
Why do you encourage this so much OP?

This will bring you in sync with the rest of the DX owners who were able to update to 2.2.1 OTA.

If you do not do this, any of the following will remain out of date and likely exclude you from any future OTA updates or make your life miserable in other ways:

- Bootloader
- Kernel
- Baseband (Radio)

The Kernel/Bootloader will be key for future updates.

Reaction score
If you have ever been on the .32 leak, even if you aren't anymore, please make sure you've updated to the latest kernel. You can credit P3Droid for hte fix:

TBH Patches: 2.3.340-System, Baseband, 2.3.340-Kernel, Bootloader

I've just gone through this and I'm happy for now. I still think a full OTA SBF is needed though in case I need to SBF in the future.

The full. 320 sbf works just fine if you completely fubar your phone. So they probably wont be releasing a full. 340 for awhile if ever. I would get it while its hot even if you don't need it right now.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jhanford

Reaction score
Agreed. Especially after P3Droid stated that there would not be anymore SBF's from TBH.

Do we know if the .320 SBF would roll back the baseband or mbm? I have all the files necessary, just wondering what to keep.

Reaction score
It'll flash whatever they included, bootloader should be 30.04 tho...

Regardless, we have all the files we need to unbrick and get to the current ota.

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
So I read the link for the updates......after the leak I'm on the 30.04 bootloader so I'm assuming I only need to update the kernel and baseband? A few people had issues with the new kernel because they didn't wipe data/cache, what's your experiance?

jhanford

Reaction score
So I read the link for the updates......after the leak I'm on the 30.04 bootloader so I'm assuming I only need to update the kernel and baseband? A few people had issues with the new kernel because they didn't wipe data/cache, what's your experiance?

I was on ApeX 1.3 and ran each of the obvious updates: bootloader, baseband and kernel without wiping anything. I've not had any issues.

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score

I was on ApeX 1.3 and ran each of the obvious updates: bootloader, baseband and kernel without wiping anything. I've not had any issues.

So you did the bootloader also......so did you go to install via update.zip or install from sd? One right after another I assume without rebooting in between?

jhanford

Reaction score

So you did the bootloader also......so did you go to install via update.zip or install from sd? One right after another I assume without rebooting in between?

Exactly. I did the bootloader just to be consistent. I just didn't want any chance of it screwing up.

I used the "install from sdcard". And yes, I did NOT reboot between updates.

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score

Exactly. I did the bootloader just to be consistent. I just didn't want any chance of it screwing up.

I used the "install from sdcard". And yes, I did NOT reboot between updates.

Worked like a charm thanks for your help

Reaction score
No issue with installing anything although I was already on the current bootloader and baseband so all I needed was the kernel and system.