If you could would you switch you galaxy nexus for HTC ONE X ?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It has nothing to do with me having problems with my nexus.
For me have a quad core CPU in my phone is a mark of a new era if you may,it represents a new generation on power on your cell.

yes it marks a new step into hardware, but guess what, the software isn't made for it yet. If you wanna put it in computer terms, it's like running windows xp on a fancy new computer with the works (i7, killer video card, all the memory you could ever need, etc.) and it will still roughly the same as an older laptop because of the software. I'm all for having great hardware, but they're about a year ahead of the software. Maufacturers need to slow down a bit and work on making a device that works best with ICS as it is the current version that all future Android phones will/should be. Get the right dualcore in there, figure out how to get better battery life, get the GPU right, etc. There were a ton of things manufacturers could've done with current technology instead of looking ahead so soon, just my .02 though

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah no chance. I'm still having a blast with the Nexus, I still play with it like it's day one.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
yes it marks a new step into hardware, but guess what, the software isn't made for it yet. If you wanna put it in computer terms, it's like running windows xp on a fancy new computer with the works (i7, killer video card, all the memory you could ever need, etc.) and it will still roughly the same as an older laptop because of the software. I'm all for having great hardware, but they're about a year ahead of the software. Maufacturers need to slow down a bit and work on making a device that works best with ICS as it is the current version that all future Android phones will/should be. Get the right dualcore in there, figure out how to get better battery life, get the GPU right, etc. There were a ton of things manufacturers could've done with current technology instead of looking ahead so soon, just my .02 though

I agree with you 100%, but since all these companies are also money-hungry, they all have to try and put out the next best thing first, else they might get slapped with a ridiculous patent infringement lawsuit. (Apple) It sucks that the technological age will also see the rushed consequences of greed.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I agree with you 100%, but since all these companies are also money-hungry, they all have to try and put out the next best thing first, else they might get slapped with a ridiculous patent infringement lawsuit. (Apple) It sucks that the technological age will also see the rushed consequences of greed.
Infringement is why these companies are pumping out phones every 2 or 3 months it's ridiculous. Because of these infringements and litigation companies such as Moto, HTC, Samsung, etc. need to have a device out every couple of months. They're all solid devices, don't get me wrong on that, but you can tell they're rushed because there's always a patent they have to beat which leads to a better version coming out within months of the original's release. The problem is we're all stuck in this "1st wave test" phones and there really is no way around it without the manufacturers losing.

I've stated many times that I'm all for mobile technology making advances but it's just moving a bit too quickly. Majority of us have contracts that we don't want to cancel because it's expensive. By the time some of us get quadcores there will probably be phones with 8 cores just around the corner:D. Yeah I may sound a bit ridiculous saying that, but that's how I see it when it comes to companies coming out with phones so quickly. By pumping out such powerful phones, they're putting pressure on the software devs which will ultimately lead to devs being rushed and possibly releasing an even buggier OS. If the two sides can be on the same page or if better yet, hardware can wait for software it will be better in the long run.

I'm not sure of how all the lawsuits are, but it seems to me that Google could've taken some steps years ago before Android became popular to prevent litigation. They didn't do so and now it seems the whole mobile industry is feeling it. All a bunch of "shoulda, woulda, coulda" now though.

GoBears

Reaction score
No offering from High Tech Computer would tempt me to switch. They should be concentrating on getting the Rezound users ICS before worrying about this.

Reaction score
HTC has a talent for making their phones lag due to their ridiculous "sense" skin, even a dual core phone like the rezound. wonder how much they'll make the quad core lag.....

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Infringement is why these companies are pumping out phones every 2 or 3 months it's ridiculous. Because of these infringements and litigation companies such as Moto, HTC, Samsung, etc. need to have a device out every couple of months. They're all solid devices, don't get me wrong on that, but you can tell they're rushed because there's always a patent they have to beat which leads to a better version coming out within months of the original's release. The problem is we're all stuck in this "1st wave test" phones and there really is no way around it without the manufacturers losing.

I've stated many times that I'm all for mobile technology making advances but it's just moving a bit too quickly. Majority of us have contracts that we don't want to cancel because it's expensive. By the time some of us get quadcores there will probably be phones with 8 cores just around the corner:D. Yeah I may sound a bit ridiculous saying that, but that's how I see it when it comes to companies coming out with phones so quickly. By pumping out such powerful phones, they're putting pressure on the software devs which will ultimately lead to devs being rushed and possibly releasing an even buggier OS. If the two sides can be on the same page or if better yet, hardware can wait for software it will be better in the long run.

I'm not sure of how all the lawsuits are, but it seems to me that Google could've taken some steps years ago before Android became popular to prevent litigation. They didn't do so and now it seems the whole mobile industry is feeling it. All a bunch of "shoulda, woulda, coulda" now though.

I think that these companies all need to keep the advancement of technology in mind over how thick the lining of their pockets are. The fact is, I don't think Android using a similar unlock scheme to iOS is something that will make or break the success of the phones or the OS. All these petty infringement lawsuits over Android just becoming more popular is ridiculous. Apple dominates more markets than just cell phones, they are raking in tons more money from their computer industry, I am sure. They need to quit focusing on their profits and just continue putting out quality products. If Android beats them in the end, it won't be because of the petty patent infringements they utilize, it'll be overall device superiority.

No company will ever view things this way though, and their products will continue to be rushed in order to beat the lawsuits. It's really quite the shame. Imagine how awesome some of these phones would be if their production wasn't so rushed, the Nexus being one of them. Clearly there are tons of issues with this phone for many. Then again, this is the first phone I have followed extremely closely. Maybe all other devices get off to just as rocky of a start, but I am not well versed in that area.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
well each phone has their strengths and weaknesses. Some of these weaknesses are found as flaws by many and are ultimately dealbreakers. That's what I like about Android though, it's available on a variety of devices each being able to fit a specific user. As I've always said, if we all wanted the same phone we would on be on an iPhone forum, but that's the beauty of Android, variety. We may argue which phone is better, but guess what, we're all Android users and because of that I think we can see other phones with more of an open mind than an iPhone die-hard. Yes iOS does some things better, but it is far from perfect, as with any other Android device.

I personally don't think we'll ever see the "perfect" phone where all of us can agree on owning it and I hope that Android doesn't go that route of being restricted to one device. What I do know is that some of the phones out could've been made a little bit better, for example our Nexus, camera would be a "flaw" to many. I just think that if each company had maybe 1 or 2 phones that are "on point" on each of them it'd be a much better market for Android (ex. Razr and Razr Maxx, I just don't see why they couldn't hold off the release of the Razr for 2 months with the bigger battery instead of releasing a "newer" version only months later). Again, I'm all for variety and choices, but it's seriously becoming too much.

turdbogls

Reaction score
Nope.
This is the first device i have had without having buyers remorse.
Original droid in 2010, wanted a droid X
got Droid X, wanted thunderbolt 3 weeks later
got thunderbolt, wanted bionic,charge, got Nexus
havent even considered another phone (except the SGSIII which won be available until later this year on verizon IMO)

this thing has everything i want. Quad core is not appealing to me unless the "better battery life" talk is true....but they said that about dual core and i dont see it :)

mach330

Reaction score
after having a nexus phone, I don't think I can ever not have one. My next phone will be whoever builds the nexus (unless of course vzw doesn't care it).

GoBears

Reaction score
I've already had anxiety over the thought of the next Nexus not being on Verizon lol. It would take the good lord himself to tell me to switch back to At&t and there's no way I could have the same phone for like 3 years...damn here comes the anxiety again. Going for the Crown Royal now...

Insidious

Reaction score
HTC has a talent for making their phones lag due to their ridiculous "sense" skin, even a dual core phone like the rezound. wonder how much they'll make the quad core lag.....

Sense 4.0 is ACTUALLY growing on me. They've trimmed it down alot, but unfortunately they still made it Sense. IMO they should've kept more of the Holo theme in there.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums