If I have a defective phone... would the VZW store give me a new or refurb?

Crazy

Reaction score
I might have a defective phone... and what if I were to take it to the VZW store or call them?

Would they give me a brand new Droid or a refurb?

I'm just wondering... because I've had such bad experiences with refurb'd iPhones in the past.

Thank you.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well it just makes sense that you bought a NEW phone that was defective, so of coarse Verizon will replace it with a NEW-to-you refurbished phone.

I think it's
bs.gif
but evidently something that we can't do much about.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I might have a defective phone... and what if I were to take it to the VZW store or call them?

Would they give me a brand new Droid or a refurb?

I'm just wondering... because I've had such bad experiences with refurb'd iPhones in the past.

Thank you.

If you're in your first 30 days they will give you a new phone. After that it's a refurb.

OP
C

Crazy

Reaction score
Aw damn... I got my Droid back in December.

& I've heard a lot of problems with refurb'd Droid's.

OP
C

Crazy

Reaction score
Might as well keep my current one... Only problem I have is scratches on the screen and it seems to turn off randomly at times.

Better not to deal with a refurbished model.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Aw damn... I got my Droid back in December.

& I've heard a lot of problems with refurb'd Droid's.

Well, it's your own personal experience that says you have had problems in the past but consider this: When somebody gets a refurb Droid they don't come in the forum and say, "Hey I just got my refurb Droid and it's super."
That just doesn't happen. You only see the complaints.

apastuszak

Reaction score
I just had to swap my phone out...

The first refurb was bad. Phone kept rebooting over and over again. Second phone was a charm. Been working without issues for 2 weeks now.

Andy

nyijedi

Reaction score
Refurbs generally aren't as bad as people make them out to be. Personally, numerous scratches on the screen and random shutdowns would be enough for me to get a refurb. Plus, if the refurb has more serious problems, you can just swap it out until you get a satisfactory one.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If your phone is truly defective, then between VZWs replacements, and Motorola's replacements, you should have no problem getting a satisfactory refurb.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey I got my refurb Droid and it's super.

First droid: acquired early November, 2009.
2nd droid (Certified: Like-new): Acquired mid January, 2010

Been going just fine with it ever since.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, it's your own personal experience that says you have had problems in the past but consider this: When somebody gets a refurb Droid they don't come in the forum and say, "Hey I just got my refurb Droid and it's super."
That just doesn't happen. You only see the complaints.
This. It's the nature of discussion forums. Of course you're going to hear more complaints.