If I buy a used S4 without a sim, can I use the one in my razr maxx?

m3incorp

Reaction score
The phone worked fine with the fried card. All it didn't have was 4G. The card itself has the 4G logo on it.

The interchangeable sim card with your phone number may do that on other networks but not Verizon. I bought a T-Mobile phone on eBay so I could send my phonebook to my car (back in 2005) and used my Dad's sim card. Later I got an unregistered sim card (so I didn't need my Dad's card) and it cost $20.

When I went from the Bionic to the S4 the contacts came over via the cloud. They didn't just pull the card out of the Bionic and move it over.

I see where the problem is. The S4 works on several carriers and I first presumed that the OP was on Verizon. So yes, if it isn't Verizon you can put in the sim card you have and it should work. If it's Verizon, the sim card is just for 4G.

I'm on Verizon and speaking for phones on Verizon. Sounds good that it works on your network. I always get a new SIM card when I change phones due to it not costing anything. As a matter of fact, Verizon tech support usually recommend a SIM card change if a person has problems with their phone.

Natey2

Reaction score
SIM cards come in 3 sizes.
The T-Mobile SIM card for their S4 is a micro-sim. The older version(?) is not "GBA", and may not support the T-Mobile wifi calling feature.
Google "SIM Exhaustion": planned obsolescence makes some sim cards only work for 2 years or 90K acesses.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Alextodd

Reaction score
I've seen some S4's on eBay that don't come with a sim card. Wondering if the one in my maxx is the same size and compatible with the S4.?.....

Yes you can use your Sim card of Razr Maxx into S4, as both of them support Micro-Sim Card.

Ksupernor2

Reaction score
You can. I'm using the same SIM since my bionic. Since the bionic i've had a razr, galaxy nexus, razr maxx, razr hd, galaxy s3, galaxy S4, and now in my brand new LG G2. I have never had any issues. This is based on my personal experience. It will work fine. Sure you can get New SIM cheap or free but I don't see why you would need to run out and get another SIM.