Getting a Note 3 today

Raydee35

Reaction score
I recently purchased my S4 and my wife really likes it a lot. Right now she is using a older Motorola RAZR and really wants the S4. Her phone is due for a upgrade on my Verizon account but I told her I would give her my S4 and buy a note 3 for myself. The question is if I do this can I switch the Sim cards from the phones so that my info and number will be on the note 3 that was originally installed in the S4?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yep.. The beauty of 4 g phones is that with the swap of a Sim card.. You can change phones. The down side being that some cards are fragile... But the upside being that they should be free..

Your data will NOT transfer over.. If the device doesn't have an SD card.. I'd look into vzw cloud.. 25 gigs of secure cloud storage for 5 bucks..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You can upload and download data from there as you need it..

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
I spoke to a Verizon rep today and they said that I cannot swap the Sim cards. They said to just swap the SD cards and then go on my Verizon and just click on the switch device tab to swap devices. Does that sound correct?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've never done it that way.. The sim card is only able to be registered to one number I believe.. I could be wrong..

You will need to swap the Sims to bounce the numbers.. I'd bring the phone with me to the store.. They don't care.. I've added lines to get phones years ago... And they gladly would bounce the new device to your line.. With 4g phones.. Its as simple as swapping the sim. Idk if they're the same size.. Samsung users will know

smmfc

Reaction score
It will work that way as long as the note 3 has a sim card in it the my Verizon will switch it in a matter of minutes I've done it a few times before

bbtkd

Reaction score
I spoke to a Verizon rep today and they said that I cannot swap the Sim cards. They said to just swap the SD cards and then go on my Verizon and just click on the switch device tab to swap devices. Does that sound correct?

Of course they'd say that because if you swap the SIM card then they're out the fee ($30?) for doing it online for you.

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
There is no fee to use the switch lines option online. I have no idea why she told me that I couldn't just swap the SIM cards.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Just bring the s4 with you and when you get the n3..say Ok.. I want the n3 on this line.. And the s4 on hers.. Shouldn't be an issue.. :)

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased my S4 and my wife really likes it a lot. Right now she is using a older Motorola RAZR and really wants the S4. Her phone is due for a upgrade on my Verizon account but I told her I would give her my S4 and buy a note 3 for myself. The question is if I do this can I switch the Sim cards from the phones so that my info and number will be on the note 3 that was originally installed in the S4?

Yes you can. Just use your S4 sim and place it in the Note3, your wife would need a new sim for the S4 that you will give to her.

Last edited: