If Droid 1 is discontinued and you need a replacement under warranty, what happens?

liguy257

Reaction score
I'm having fairly major battery problems and I'm not sure if it's the battery or the charging port. The rep I spoke to said to bring it to a VZW store and if it's determined that they can't fix it, they will have to replace it since it's still under Moto Warranty.

But if the Droid 1 is discontinued (and I'm not sure if it is--if anyone knows please share), what do they replace it with? Personally I'm fine with the Regu-Droid but if that's not an option the only suitable replacement would be the Droid 2--I hate HTC so the Incredible and Eris are out, and the X is a monster--way too big.

Has anyone encountered this?

rlfitz

Reaction score
hopefully you will get a refurb droid. If not they will try to stick you with a devour or some other lesser phone.

OP
L

liguy257

Reaction score
hopefully you will get a refurb droid. If not they will try to stick you with a devour or some other lesser phone.

Not gonna lie... kind of want the Droid 2...lol. I know it contradicts my previous statement but I was just doing some research and damn if that's not a hot phone.

IanG

Reaction score
Just because the Motorola Droid is discontinued, doesn't mean that they don't have THOUSANDS in stock for warranty replacements.

You will get a refurb droid.

fichdak

Reaction score

Not gonna lie... kind of want the Droid 2...lol. I know it contradicts my previous statement but I was just doing some research and damn if that's not a hot phone.
not gonna lie.. you're probably not going to get one

justreboot

Reaction score
I just went through this with my son's droid (batt issue) / we got a replacement Droid (1st gen) direct from Vz

OP
L

liguy257

Reaction score
I figured the rep was lying/misinformed...although she swore she went through it with her mom and got a Droid 2. DONT PLAY WITH MY EMOTIONS. In the mean time I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't gotten 2.2 yet. Probably just gonna do it manually

iPirate

Reaction score
they have 100million refurbished droid's waiting for you

OP
L

liguy257

Reaction score
they have 100million refurbished droid's waiting for you

Maybe Apple should take a cue from them--I bought a first gen Nano not long after it came out and when it malfunctioned and I needed a replacement, a got a brand new 2nd gen because the others were gone. I seem to have an ipod plague because I now have the fourth gen.

Anytime I needed a warranty replacement Best Buy just handed me a new one off the shelf--never even tried to procure a refurb.

jwerkb

Reaction score
I just called in to get my droid replaced again and they were all out. They tried to pawn a LG Ally off on me and I said no way. After 30 mins they told me they were sending me a HTC Incredible. I told them I worried that the battery was getting bad reviews so they upgraded the battery for free. Hopefully this will be as good as my droid before the issues started.

dro-idiot

Reaction score
fyi, droid 1 took a crap last week and got my replacement today...droid 2.

OP
L

liguy257

Reaction score
fyi, droid 1 took a crap last week and got my replacement today...droid 2.

free warranty replacement? That would rule for the simple fact that everyone in this thread thought it was absolutely absurd to even suggest it.