Droid 1 VZW replacement

brennan

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting my Droid replaced under warranty. Does anyone know (from experience) if Verizon offers any alternate phones for warranty exchange?

bmali22

Reaction score
My buddy had the d1 and vzw replaced it with the d2... This was about a month ago

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've heard rumors they might be sending out droid 2's but that was only to customer who got it replaced multiple times.

wierdo124

Reaction score
I'm gonna make them replace mine (thread on it) and i'll take either a D2 or DX...i'm not accepting a refurbished D1...

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon will do this, but you have to have several inadequate replacements. Remember, if it works, then that's all they're obligated to do.

I had one bad refurb and got bumped to a D2, but I've seen people go 4 or 5 phones without an offer to change.

Remember, they dont owe you anything except a refurbished D1 -- being nice and patient will get you far.

scaner

Reaction score
the same with me im wait for my third replacement Droid and i think it will be refurb Droid 1

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm gonna make them replace mine (thread on it) and i'll take either a D2 or DX...i'm not accepting a refurbished D1...

lol you don't have a choice unless you want to pay full price or upgrade.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Exactly right!!

Verizon will do this, but you have to have several inadequate replacements. Remember, if it works, then that's all they're obligated to do.

I had one bad refurb and got bumped to a D2, but I've seen people go 4 or 5 phones without an offer to change.

Remember, they dont owe you anything except a refurbished D1 -- being nice and patient will get you far.

DroidForums junkie!!