Idk what I just did, lost everything

kookk

Reaction score
So I've been on CM10 nightlies for a while now. I decided I wanted to get 4.2 so I downloaded jelly belly 10.1, JB bootloader, new radios, everything it said to do.

I wiped and flashed but I forgot to flash gapps and the rom was a bit laggy anyways so I just wanted to restore to the backup I just made. Well, it's gone along with everything that was on my internal storage, including my entire photo album.

I have a lot of experience flashing stuff, I don't understand how everything got wiped. I tried putting cm10 back on there but I don't have data and get error messages when I try to connect to my google account.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Losing everything is common going to 4.2 right now on the GNex. Moves contents to a "0" folder.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Update to the newest TWRP recovery and you should be able to restore your backup.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
K

kookk

Reaction score
I tried TWRP, all my backups are gone

edit: I was able to get my camera pics back but I had a lot of pictures in my downloads folder which is now gone. I'd really like to just restore to where I was, this rom is a bit laggy

Last edited:

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I tried TWRP, all my backups are gone

edit: I was able to get my camera pics back but I had a lot of pictures in my downloads folder which is now gone. I'd really like to just restore to where I was, this rom is a bit laggy

Are you sure you are using the newest TWRP?

E2A: Nothing should be gone, it is just kinda reorganized with 4.2 . 4.2 /0 folder question - Galaxy Nexus - RootzWiki <-- talks about what happens there.

Last edited:
OP
K

kookk

Reaction score
Ok so I made the mistake of wiping and made multiple 0 folders, I was able to find my backups but I don't know how to start them.

If I hit install, I can find the backup but I click it and nothing happens. If I hit restore, it goes to an empty list

I can find it in my clockwork mod folder, but it isn't a zip fle so I can't install it. Would it work if I compressed it on my computer then installed it as a zip?

edit: I tried compressing the backup and flashing it, didn't work :( Is there a folder that the backup pulls from that I can move my backup file to?

Last edited: