Id rather carry spare batteries..

clueson

Reaction score
I've heard of some huge extended batteries, but is anyone really using them at this point? Don’t you think they were too bulky to carry?

I am always try to keep my Note 4 minimum and would rather carry spare batteries.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I've heard of some huge extended batteries, but is anyone really using them at this point? Don’t you think they were too bulky to carry?

I am always try to keep my Note 4 minimum and would rather carry spare batteries.
When I had the Galaxy S4, I also preferred the stock slim batteries to anything that was an extended battery. I used to carry a couple with me in the plastic carrying cases they came in

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

Last edited:

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I agree.....the phone is big on it's own .
...no need to make it bigger with a huge battery. I always have a spare battery ready!

sent from my sexy Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've seen posts in other threads that people are having trouble getting third-party batteries to charge up all the way for the Note 4. In particular, I think the main complaint I'm thinking of was an extended battery.

The only time I ever had an extended battery was with the Galaxy Nexus, but that was pretty much out of necessity. I had 2 extended batteries and a standalone charger. Other than that, I agree. I like the size of the battery that comes with a device, but that could just be because I use a device for so long before finally deciding that I need more battery power.

I'm also a big fan of sticking with the stock oem branded batteries, even though I hear good things about one or two of the third-party companies' products.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I used the big batteries 7000+mAH with the S3 and S4, but never with the Note series. They do add huge bulkiness, but they are worth their weight in gold if you aren't a fan of wall hugging.

jhom

Reaction score
For a while now, I've had phones that allowed me to replace the battery as necessary. I've gotten one or two replacement batteries for each phone. The convenience of having a fully charged spare battery that I can change out at any time is an immeasurable convenience. I don't have to worry about not having enough battery life to last a day or event. I've tried wireless charging, and I find it too inconvenient and I don't like the heat generation from this method. Rapid charge is a nice emergency feature just in case I forgot to charge a spare battery. However, I doubt I'll be using much. The spare batteries just to the job for me.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I turned my fast charging off and have been getting great battery life on my Edge. I know I should buy a spare, but haven't justified it yet.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I turned my fast charging off and have been getting great battery life on my Edge. I know I should buy a spare, but haven't justified it yet.
You can do that on the Edge? My regular Note 4 has a checkbox for Fast Charging, but it's selected and grayed out as soon as I plug the fast charger in.

Haven't tried using the charger from my s4 yet, but I charged it via usb attached to my PC for an experiment once and it took FOREVER and couldn't seem to charge past 50%.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
You can do that on the Edge? My regular Note 4 has a checkbox for Fast Charging, but it's selected and grayed out as soon as I plug the fast charger in.

Haven't tried using the charger from my s4 yet, but I charged it via usb attached to my PC for an experiment once and it took FOREVER and couldn't seem to charge past 50%.

Before you plug it in uncheck fast charging under the Battery settings and it will be disabled. I can't uncheck it afterwards either. I have to do it before I plug it in.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Before you plug it in uncheck fast charging under the Battery settings and it will be disabled. I can't uncheck it afterwards either. I have to do it before I plug it in.
I'll have to play around with it some more. I had it unchecked, but didn't plug it in right away and then it started fast charging when I plugged it in that night.

jhom

Reaction score

I'll have to play around with it some more. I had it unchecked, but didn't plug it in right away and then it started fast charging when I plugged it in that night.
You can't be plugged in when you try to uncheck fast charge.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I get that part. I had unchecked it earlier in the day & assumed it was still that way when I plugged it in.

I'll try right now. Thanks for reminding me.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

ccdskater

Reaction score
Does unchecking the fast charging seem to make the battery last longer from a full charge?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Where is that choice on your phone? I don't believe I have the same option on the turbo.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.