Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Ahhhh.....it's so nice not to have to worry about this anymore! Getting though a whole workday on a single charge is a beautiful thing....
1080p ftw baby! LOL

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Oh, I get through a full workday and then the full evening at home. Yesterday, I was home all day and using the phone quite a bit more than I usually do. At bedtime, it was around 20% charge left.

Since it's recommended to charge them around 50%, I could've popped it out sooner than I ended up actually hooking it up and kept both batteries in the range.

Also, even though I get through the day, I do make certain decisions whether to watch this video or play that game more than usual based on whether I'll need to top the battery off later on to make it through the rest of the evening.

So, to have that extra battery to toss in will alleviate that and I'll be able to enjoy my QHD device even more fully each day than I do now.

OP
bsweetness

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Ahhhh.....it's so nice not to have to worry about this anymore! Getting though a whole workday on a single charge is a beautiful thing....
1080p ftw baby! LOL

S5 tap'n

On a normal day, I get through a full day and then some as well. In fact, even with the higher resolution screen in the Note 4, it's proven to have some of the best battery life of any phone currently out there.

The problem for me is when I'm out in the field (often internationally), I'm usually not around stable power sources or any power sources at all. This can often be for days at a time. During that time, I need to be using my phone for a wide range of activities, many of which cause significant battery drain (GPS, camera, etc). So having a spare battery is of the utmost importance for me. Having two spare batteries also really comes in handy. Although I do have several, I don't like having to be tethered to external battery pack when I'm out. That's a last resort for me. Spare batteries are the first choice.

I was kinda thinking about wireless charging, but I figure if I'm charging a battery in the spare kit as needed, by the time I kill one, that one should be ready to go, so the need to tether my phone to the wall with a charger cord won't be much of an issue anymore.

I often need to charge both batteries at the same time, especially if I have two spares.

Although it would be nice to have the spare battery already charged, but need an overnight charge on the one in the phone and just set it on a pad on the nightstand to charge while I sleep...haha

Yep. I love wireless charging because I can easily set my phone down on the nightstand or on my desk and be able to just grab it and go without worrying about a cable. Is plugging/unplugging that difficult? No. Does it take a lot of time? No. But wireless charging just provides a little bit more convenience. Once you really start using it, it's tough to go back.

OP
bsweetness

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I received mine a little while ago. As expected, top notch quality all around.

The only downside to this kit versus previous extra battery kits I've owned from Samsung is that it doesn't include a wall charger or microUSB cable. I was aware of that when I purchased it, and I have plenty of chargers and cables, but it's still a little disappointing. Certainly not a deal breaker though.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I received mine a little while ago. As expected, top notch quality all around.

The only downside to this kit versus previous extra battery kits I've owned from Samsung is that it doesn't include a wall charger or microUSB cable. I was aware of that when I purchased it, and I have plenty of chargers and cables, but it's still a little disappointing. Certainly not a deal breaker though.
For my purposes, with the fast charger, that shouldn't be a problem for me at all, but the kit for my Galaxy nexus came with a Y cable so you could charge 2 things at once. I'd dig that out, but one section of it has an issue and it has to be propped just right or it won't work, so I figure it's not worth digging for.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You didn't tell me it comes with a nice little case for the battery. The description made it sound like you take the white unit with you in a bag.

With my Galaxy nexus, I just put the spare battery in my pocket, but this is nice.

39fce799d706941e31d2a4857979793c.jpg

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You didn't tell me it comes with a nice little case for the battery. The description made it sound like you take the white unit with you in a bag.

With my Galaxy nexus, I just put the spare battery in my pocket, but this is nice.

39fce799d706941e31d2a4857979793c.jpg

Yeah, the Galaxy S4 spare batteries came in a similar clamshell case, square rather than rectangular but essentially the same.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I never got one case with an oem battery for the gnex. I got the charging me with a regular battery, then upgraded to 2 extended batteries, both of which came with a new back cover for the phone.

OP
bsweetness

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

I mentioned it In the first post. ;)

I had the extra battery kit for my Galaxy S5, and I absolutely loved it. It's great to have a spare battery and a good charger for it. The small plastic case for the spare battery is really nice too, especially if you're carrying it in a pocket or bag.

But I guess if you're not already aware of the inclusion of the case, it could be easy to gloss over that point and think it's referring to the charger. :)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yup. That's exactly what happened. I assumed you were referring to the charger itself as a small plastic case, since it's rather compact and has a lid.