Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Extra Battery Kit

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
batt.jpg

After months of waiting for Samsung's galaxy Note 4 Extra Battery Kit to come back in stock on Samsung's website so that I could use my 50% off coupon, I finally bit the bullet and bought it from Amazon. They currently have it in stock, shipped and sold by Amazon, for $34.99 (the best price I've seen yet).

I had the extra battery kit for my Galaxy S5, and I absolutely loved it. It's great to have a spare battery and a good charger for it. The small plastic case for the spare battery is really nice too, especially if you're carrying it in a pocket or bag.

Many people think cheaper third party batteries and chargers are the way to go because of the price, but in my experience it's usually not worth it. I've used third party batteries from just about every major manufacturer out there over the years, and the results have always been mixed. There are some decent third party battery manufacturers out there, but they almost never reach the quality and longevity of OEM batteries. And with external chargers, every third party one I've used has been incredibly slow. Samsung's unit charges significantly faster.

For me, the price is completely worth it if you're a heavy user who likes having a spare battery. The fast charging does a lot to cut down on the need for a spare battery for many people, but for me I often need a spare battery. I'm often away from outlets for long periods of time, and when I am around one, I can't stayed tethered to it. External battery packs are great (and I own several), but they're not as practical or easy as a spare battery.

Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to receiving this. :)

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
We went with Ankers spare batteries. The wife has been chewing through the Note 4's battery and the extra ones sure beat using an outlet.

OP
bsweetness

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
We went with Ankers spare batteries. The wife has been chewing through the Note 4's battery and the extra ones sure beat using an outlet.
Anker makes solid products. Their batteries are some of the best third party batteries available. I prefer OEM batteries, but if I were going to go for third party spares, I'd go with Anker.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Anker makes solid products. Their batteries are some of the best third party batteries available. I prefer OEM batteries, but if I were going to go for third party spares, I'd go with Anker.

I like OEM batteries as well. They were super hard to find though at that time so we went with the Ankers instead of waiting.

I still haven't purchased any extra batteries for my Note Edge because they too were hard to find and I have a little more time before heading back overseas.

OP
bsweetness

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I like OEM batteries as well. They were super hard to find though at that time so we went with the Ankers instead of waiting.

I still haven't purchased any extra batteries for my Note Edge because they too were hard to find and I have a little more time before heading back overseas.

$39.99 from Samsung for the Note Edge Extra Battery Kit, and it's in stock. Just under $20 if you have one of the 50% off an accessory under $50 codes from Samsung.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm going to hold out on butting elsewhere until my code expires, which I believe is at the end of this month.

Still can't believe Samsung doesn't have then back in stock yet.

I don't really NEED it on most days, but knowing I have it will prompt me to be less frugal about battery consumption.

I had 2 extended batteries for the gnex & it was awesome.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I never received the codes. I registered the phones, but the email never came.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I love my spare battery charger kit!

sent from my sexy Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My spare battery & charger should be delivered tomorrow. I got tired of waiting, so I ordered it from Amazon as well.

Now trying to decide if I want to waste the 50% off code on a case or something.

OP
bsweetness

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
My spare battery & charger should be delivered tomorrow. I got tired of waiting, so I ordered it from Amazon as well.

Now trying to decide if I want to waste the 50% off code on a case or something.

I'm using mine on either the wireless charging back cover or a second spare battery. Both are quite useful for me.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I was kinda thinking about wireless charging, but I figure if I'm charging a battery in the spare kit as needed, by the time I kill one, that one should be ready to go, so the need to tether my phone to the wall with a charger cord won't be much of an issue anymore.

Although it would be nice to have the spare battery already charged, but need an overnight charge on the one in the phone and just set it on a pad on the nightstand to charge while I sleep...haha

Reactions: cr6