ICS Update - Thanks and Questions

TonyBoD

Reaction score
A big thanks to all who helped and gave advice as I went through the update process - much appreciated! Patience was definitely the key to just about everything.....

I've been going through the new UI and have been unable to resolve a couple of issue - I thought I would ask here in case anyone else has encountered as hopefully resolved.

1. Owner Information - On the lock screen it took my old owner information and now scrolls it on my new lock screen - right over the date - it looks terrible and I want to get rid of it. I have no idea where that is kept so I can remove it or change it. I did go into Settings-->Security and Lock Screen--->Owner information and it is NOT there. If I put something here it appears on the lock screen where you would want it - UNDER the date instead of on top of it. i'd really like to get rid of the old stuff that is scrolling over the date and set it again in ICS if I want it. I fear that the upgrade did something that I can't adjust via the UI - does anyone have any ideas?

2. I finally got my Yahoo! mail working - I had to remove and re-add my account. My problem now is that I don't see all my Yahoo! folders, nor can I decide which folders I'd like to sync. EVERYTHING from all of my folders gets dumped into my Inbox folder - way more stuff than I want to sync to my phone. Anyone seen this one?

TatDroid

Reaction score
Do you have the old Contact Owner app installed? I did, and it put the info over the date just like you said. I've uninstalled it, and am now using the built in owner info instead. Problem solved.

I've seen other posts about the Yahoo mail folder problem. Not sure there's an answer for that yet.

OP
T

TonyBoD

Reaction score
Do you have the old Contact Owner app installed? I did, and it put the info over the date just like you said. I've uninstalled it, and am now using the built in owner info instead. Problem solved.

I've seen other posts about the Yahoo mail folder problem. Not sure there's an answer for that yet.

That was it - THANKS! I actually had to uninstall the app (I forgot I had an app for that), and also wipe the cache partition to completely remove it, but it's gone now and I'm glad.