Lock screen issue since ICS update.

Scott0719

Reaction score
Since ICS whenever I select a text or email from the notification screen it wants me to enter my lock pattern even when the lock screen is off. I use the No Lock app to turn off my lock screen easier. I've tried using a different app it doesn't seem to matter. I've tried different lock screens and I believe it does it for all the lock screens except the slide lock.

Anyone have any suggestions to fix this? Right now I clear the notification and go to the texts or whatever through the icon or app on the home screen but thats annoying something. So if anyone has this problem or has fixed this problem please let me know. thanks.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Have the same issue, I just put the Gmail widget up and go there to open it up. Or if I forget power off and power back on (double click) and no pattern. But I would like to cure it once and for all too.

OP
S

Scott0719

Reaction score
Before the update went over the air did you try and install it manually a week early? I did so i'm wondering if that might have something to do with it.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
If you put the lock to engage 30 minute after sleep at least it gives you 30 without a PIN, of course you still have to enter it the first time.

OP
S

Scott0719

Reaction score
But that wouldn't effect my issue. Even when I turn off the lock screen it asks for it when I select something from the notification bar.

I wouldn't want to let it wait that long anyways. I have it set to two minutes I think.

It doesn't make any sense to have to enter the patter in the notification bar anyways.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Absolutely agree, I haven't found a work around. Just annoying.

OP
S

Scott0719

Reaction score
Can anyone say if this is a known issue or is it just a few of us experiencing it? I'm actually a little suprised more people haven't commented on this. Maybe i'll go try the motorola forums as well.

Another thing my phone is doing now is sometimes when I turn the screen back on it brings up the sliding lock screen even though I have pattern selected.

OP
S

Scott0719

Reaction score
So I asked this in the motorola forums and the guy said it was because of the no lock widget I use and he was right. It doesn't make sense to me that it would make it so when you select something in the notification bar and ask you for the password or pattern but it did. I deleted that widget and it works like it should.

So for everyone else having this issue disable a app or widget that can turn the lock screen on and off and it should resolve the problem.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Aah, I thought you wanted to retain a lock widget, in your OP you stated you tried different apps. I like my lock so I can double tap to lock my phone, but usually it just sits around unlocked. Yeah I removed my No Lock app and reinstalled it right after ICS and knew that was the cause but tried unsuccessfully to find a cure with it on my phone.

Glad your happy.

OP
S

Scott0719

Reaction score
Do you currently use a lock widget with out the problem I described? I tried the auto lock from widgetzoid but that gave me the same problem.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I still have no lock, still have to "PIN" to access once I pull down the notification bar. But got my Gmail and text widgets on the home screen so I don't have to pull. Still do it quite a bit out of habit though, then I just double tap the power button.

Mog

Reaction score
Hi - I am confused. I used to use a lock screen delayer but thought that with ICS I would not need it. Upgraded today and find that if I set a delayed pattern lock screen then if I switch off and straight back on I have the normal swipe screen where I thought I should just have an open screen. If I set the lock to None then there is no swipe screen. So why when I have chosen to have a patern lock but delayed it, should there also be a swipe lock (which lock nothing but does get in the way).

Is this the way it is designed to work? Is there anything I can do to get rid of the swipe screen and still keep a delayed pattern or PIN lock?