ICS Update stuck on "Upgrading Media Database

RichC

Reaction score
Ok, Started upgrade at 2 this morning, awoke to "upgading Media database" at 0540 this morning and now it is 12 hours later since I started the update with the same screen. Yes I have music as it is my music player when doing things and a few pics. Frustrating to say the least.

Anyone have an idea, Do I ride it out, do I wait longer, pull the battery and restart, do a Factory reset?

OP
R

RichC

Reaction score
I finally decided to remove the Battery and see what would happen. Started fine, going through a bunch of start up stuff, seems to be running fine although a little slow.

pistacio

Reaction score
Your gallery may be broken now...

There were warnings posted about having too many media files (temporarily move them before updating) during the update process.

OP
R

RichC

Reaction score
I had a couple of issues after the install, backed up everything, completed a hard reboot and now working like a dream!

AustinWingnut

Reaction score
Your gallery may be broken now...

There were warnings posted about having too many media files (temporarily move them before updating) during the update process.

What are the fixes with the Gallery/Music files. I cannot access either.

pistacio

Reaction score
With all threads on updating, it would take me a while to find that info, but I believe it involved doing a factory reset.

I'll try to find the post .