Cant find music or gallery after ICS Update to Droid Bionic

talkinsilence

Reaction score
I had the same issue, not having my music or pictures. I turned my phone of and back on about 8 times and got all my pictures and music back. I also did this on my daughters phone and got all of her data back as well.

Caren4u2

Reaction score
I had someone help me the other day on a similar issue. If you are able to locate your apps by going into Menu/settings/Manage Apps......and if you were to back out all the way out...then by going into your App Drawer and finding you are missing Icons...then I have an answer. Given to me by another Droid Forum User....inside the App Drawer...click on the All Apps tab in the upper LH corner. You should find a pop up box.....Click on all apps. I think the new download gas it set to only show frequently used apps.

Indiana Joe

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestions. I tried a number of things, to no avail. Finally, I saved my pics and music to my laptop then my apps to the Google cloud and did a factory reset. Took about two hours but everything works fine now.

paulgunther

Reaction score
Please help. I updated my Droid Bionic last night to Ice Cream Sandwich. I started the download around 6pm. By 4am, it still said "Upgrading Media Database." At this point, i took out the battery and put it back in. Seems to be working fine-ish. However, i cant access any of the the pictures in my gallery or any of my music. I tried taking out the SD card and rebooting. Then powering off and putting my SD Card back in. Still nothing. I also noticed in my list of apps, there is a red outline on the top right corner of "My Music" and "My Gallery."

I have never rooted my phone. I would prefer not to do a factory reset, especially if that involved reinstalling all of my apps. Can anyone please please help me figure out how to once again access my music and photos?

One other thing i noticed is that it has taken a much longer time to charge my phone after the ICS update.

Thanks again.

I just did the upgrade yesterday and had the exact thing happen. I foolishly started the upgrade with only 20% battery life, but at least i plugged it in the charger first. Apparently, this upgrade taxes the battery so much that the charger couldn't keep up with the drain speed and the phone shut down while I was waiting out the "Upgrading Media Database" message. So I ended up with the same result as you... photo gallery won't see my photos and My Music won't see see my songs. I have about 200 HD photos and around 1000 songs.

My solution is very simple. Open your "My Music" app before you go to bed (plug in the charger!) and don't touch it 'til morning. When I woke up, I now had all my music and photos available. NO FACTORY RESET NEEDED!!! It just takes time for the apps to index your library... be patient!

Hope this helps, 'cause they sure don't warn you before you press "ok" to upgrade on your phone.

bionic207

Reaction score
Wow glad i didn't have these issues I would've lost my cool. I freaked when I accidentally wiped the data for go launcher and was pissed I had to set that back up LOL.Hope every one gets everything sorted out. Phone is so much better now. Except the battery.

ervanhoy01

Reaction score
Need help ASAP!!! Updated my phone on 24th and took pictures that evening...pictures were very important and have not appeared to save. I remember when I took them I could see the preview in the corner of the camera. I can take pictures now and they are appearing fine, videos too.

Is there anything I can do to get the pictures?

-Note: The pictures were taken using the front camera.

dfcfu342

Reaction score
Plug your phone into a computer. They are saved on the SD card with your other pictures.