ICS Update problems

angelswillfall

Reaction score
Hello, I just registered and this is my first post because I'm very desperate right now. I signed up for the Bionic Soak Test and was accepted, installed it at 10:30 this morning. I have never rooted or altered my Bionic. After the update installed, phone rebooted and I unlocked it and I get a constant error message "Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped." I pops up constantly.

I posted this in Motorola Bionic Forums:

Thanks Dan. I installed the update at approx. 10:30am. As soon as the phone rebooted the error message started popping up. Everything else works fine so far but i'm unable to really look into things with the notification popping up constantly. First thing I did was click the link in my email and 403 Access Denied pops up every time I try to use that link. After the email about the OTA update I received at 12:27AM today I have not received any other message about no longer being in the test and I just want to get rid of the error msgs so i can use my phone. Also the new settings won't let me toggle off my 4g and all I get are test signals at my home which prevent me from using the data network. I'm on wifi now but when I head out it may be a problem.

And this:

Thanks. I have not changed anything in Developer Options. My USB Debugging is off, however, so I'll try switching that on and I also cannot access Language and Inputs. When I select it, the same error message pops up immediately and then it kicks me back to the settings menu. I thought it was my swiftkey app at that point but I have unistalled it, rebooted phone, battery pulled, and still nothing. I tried turning off mobile data because I have had many problems with the 4g and I used to get a similar message (it said something like Motorola system processes have stopped working) when I actually wandered into 4g areas so I have kept the 4g off since then. However when I turned off the mobile data today I still got the error message noted in my original question. I feel like I've done everything I can on my end, Sorry for spamming my gripes but I'm really stressed over this and I really just want to enjoy my ICS.

I'm not getting any answers and I've played nice and kept my phone stock waiting for this update and now I don't have access to the soak test feedback page and I'm getting no help anywhere really other than being told things I already know and tried by another Motorola Forums member. I'm trying to avoid backing up the phone and reseting it because I have a busy weekend and I don't have time for this. Does anyone have suggestions or solutions for this?

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Sounds like your going to have to reset the phone. But you could try using the HOB by samurhi to update to the ota ics build.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I had the same problem after the update.
Tried all the same things you are talking about and what finally cleared it up for me was to boot into recovery and do a data clear.
I did not do a factory reset just a data clear.

It appear that maybe while on dock and getting the update it corrupted the data.

QUOTE=angelswillfall;2307344]Hello, I just registered and this is my first post because I'm very desperate right now. I signed up for the Bionic Soak Test and was accepted, installed it at 10:30 this morning. I have never rooted or altered my Bionic. After the update installed, phone rebooted and I unlocked it and I get a constant error message "Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped." I pops up constantly.

I posted this in Motorola Bionic Forums:

Thanks Dan. I installed the update at approx. 10:30am. As soon as the phone rebooted the error message started popping up. Everything else works fine so far but i'm unable to really look into things with the notification popping up constantly. First thing I did was click the link in my email and 403 Access Denied pops up every time I try to use that link. After the email about the OTA update I received at 12:27AM today I have not received any other message about no longer being in the test and I just want to get rid of the error msgs so i can use my phone. Also the new settings won't let me toggle off my 4g and all I get are test signals at my home which prevent me from using the data network. I'm on wifi now but when I head out it may be a problem.

And this:

Thanks. I have not changed anything in Developer Options. My USB Debugging is off, however, so I'll try switching that on and I also cannot access Language and Inputs. When I select it, the same error message pops up immediately and then it kicks me back to the settings menu. I thought it was my swiftkey app at that point but I have unistalled it, rebooted phone, battery pulled, and still nothing. I tried turning off mobile data because I have had many problems with the 4g and I used to get a similar message (it said something like Motorola system processes have stopped working) when I actually wandered into 4g areas so I have kept the 4g off since then. However when I turned off the mobile data today I still got the error message noted in my original question. I feel like I've done everything I can on my end, Sorry for spamming my gripes but I'm really stressed over this and I really just want to enjoy my ICS.

I'm not getting any answers and I've played nice and kept my phone stock waiting for this update and now I don't have access to the soak test feedback page and I'm getting no help anywhere really other than being told things I already know and tried by another Motorola Forums member. I'm trying to avoid backing up the phone and reseting it because I have a busy weekend and I don't have time for this. Does anyone have suggestions or solutions for this?[/QUOTE]

OP
A

angelswillfall

Reaction score
Resolution

Sorry for not replying sooner, but

this is the link for fixing this issue https://forums.motorola.com/posts/a5f0e4f055

it is an issue with contacts updating and the solution is basically to clear all contact data and re-sync. It worked instantly and is the same on the Razr models. A few people have reset or wiped their phones because of this issue and IT IS NOT NECESSARY!!! But thanks for the suggestions and for signing up for future soak tests go to Motorola Home - Motorola USA and frollow the links to sign up for their forums and apply to be considered for future soak tests. It's simple and there is a forum that walks you through the process.

My opinion of the update is ICS is perhaps most beautiful on Motorola. My fiance has a Galaxy S3 and visually the Bionic is superior by far. Samsung's colors and brightness are just too exaggerated. However, performance-wise it loses a bit post-update. There is increased functionality in some areas and lost functionality in other areas. Overall I'm glad to get a feel for it, but I'm going to look outside of Motorola for my next handset until they get back on track. There is too much wasted potential at this time and obviously there is a lot of hope right now, but I'm upgrading soon and I can't wait for them to get it together.