Offical Update to ICS Fails

nitrosport_5

Reaction score
my friend just informed me that his phone updated him to ICS. So i finally broke down, restored my bloatware, did the foreverroot lines of code, and went ahead with the update process. I updated 3 small older updates with no problems. Still rooted.

Now, the large ICS update i downloaded it fine, went to install, it quickly moved the bar to about a quarter of the way, put an error symbol above the andoid dude and rebooted the phone. When it boots it says update fails. No error codes or anything.

Can someone help me out here? i had heard that this update should fix alot of the 4G issues that i have been having as of lately. Thanks in advance. ilovedf

dale.j.gilbert

Reaction score
i had the same problem.

if you ever used safestrap (prior to version 3) then it used the update partition and will cause the update to fail at 1/4

i used fxz to get vack to stock 905 and am now on ics ota

i was told you could also use the house of bionic and not lose data

sgtbrabant

Reaction score
Fxz back to stock 905. Now Ics Ota works perfect. Tried unrooting, and restored to factory but nothing else worked

evile84

Reaction score
Only way to get to ICS if you have rooted it seems is to FXZ back to 905 and then pull the OTA. Thats what I had to do. then use Razrs Edge to root on ICS

sgtbrabant

Reaction score
evile84 said:
Only way to get to ICS if you have rooted it seems is to FXZ back to 905 and then pull the OTA. Thats what I had to do. then use Razrs Edge to root on ICS

Yup!

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
.246 ICS FXZ is out no need to go back to 902 or 905 anymore.

styx36

Reaction score
Um, ya. Is there any hope for someone who could understand everything you guys are saying in all these posts, but never took the time to learn how to root a phone? My Bionic just tried to do a system update last night (what I'm gathering is the ICS update) and I'm having all the same problems. Now my phone won't reboot and I need to get it fixed TODAY!! Is there an answer here or do I need to take it into a Verizon store where some clueless sales person tries to do a hard reset and deletes all my files. I'm annoyed to have to wake up to this and thinking I should take the time to learn how to root the phone. Where do I start guys?

Brad

evile84

Reaction score
If you had a stock phone and tried the update and now your phone wont boot then dont try and root take it to the store. They might give you an all new phone

styx36

Reaction score
Panic seemingly avoided. After reading other posts i opted to turn the phone back on and see if it would continue updating. It did within a mater of minutes and I'm posting this from my Bionic with ICS. Still getting used to it.

smb126

Reaction score
Can someone point me in the direction of some instructions on how to do the FXZ please? I rooted my phone way back when I first got it but it hasn't been rooted for a while however I am failing at 1/4 with this new update. Thanks

NoahNoise

Reaction score
Can anyone point me towards directions to do the FXZ thing using Macintosh?
Does such a procedure exist?

I've tried the ICS ota - failed. I tried factory reset, then ota - failed.

My phone WAS rooted. I thought I unrooted it, but I'm not sure.

I'm not incredibly techy, but can handle a bit of the lingo. If anyone has a resource they can point me towards, I would be very grateful. Again, I'm using a Mac. :/