ICS Tips and Tricks for the Razr

djembeman

Reaction score
Maybe why mine works...

Found this solution in another thread...worked perfectly!!! Once I disabled VZ Navigaor, the dock worked just like it did before ICS.

"One of the cool things about ICS is you can disable unwanted pre installed apps like VZW Navigator. From Manage Apps select VZ Navigator. If it gives you the option on Uninstall Updates, do it. Then you will have the option to Disable. Disable it. When you hit NAV on the dock menu it will default to Google Navigation."

Once I disabled VZ Navigaor, hte dock worked just like it did before ICS.

Okay, I disabled VZ Navigator 1st thing after the ICS Upgrade so that must be why my screen stays on while docked in the Car Dock? And if course I have always had the developer settings set to keep the screen on while plugged in.

OP
YellowJacket

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Disabling VZ Navigator worked for me too. Now the car dock app comes up and stays on when I dock my Maxx in the dock. Brightness has not been an issue for me.

I use either google Play for my music or Jet Audio for which I added a shortcut to within the dock app.

David

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Excellent tips... many thanks to all of you!

I received ICS on my RAZR yesterday morning and went out of my mind for the first hour or so. My A/C was out and I couldn't even figure out how to get to my (non-favorite) contacts from the Phone app. Called Verizon tech support with a list of issues and I think I'm about getting mostly settled in now, thanks to a few things they helped with and the tips that you all have posted here. They seemed a bit overwhelmed there as well, and apparently the "mock up" they got of ICS didn't always match what actually came out, so they were searching online forums for some of the answers. I can tell by one item they read me that they probably got the answer here on droidforums. :) I really like some aspects of ICS, especially finally being able to disable some built-in apps like VZNavigator. Also like some of the new widgets. Other stuff is kind of a bother to me and seems like change for the sake of change... especially when I have to go "deeper" to get to common items.

My remaining question right now: I removed a couple of apps from my home page by dragging them up to the top of the page and dropping them onto "X Remove." My understanding is all that should do is remove it from the home page, not from the App area. I've had a couple of them disappear from the Apps area as well, though. I can see them listed when I go to "Manage Apps," but they're not in the Apps area for plain old launching. One example is "Voice Search." I thought I was just getting it out of the way while I figured out how I wanted to lay out my home pages, but now I can't find it to launch it. Yes, I'm looking at "All Apps." Any idea how to bring it back from the twilight zone?

Press and hold the search button from the homescreen.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

sq12

Reaction score
i just bought a razr.. everything works except my home button.. any tips??
when i press it, it vibrates but doesnt work

sparkie

Reaction score
Is there a way to hide the dock row? Maybe make it work like the notification bar.

Jxpinc

Reaction score
Which is best for recording a rock show using the Hi-q paid app. The front or the back mic on the Maxx?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Saeeid

Reaction score
Hi....
recently i got a Razr MAXX (GSM)due to battery life !
it's on GB 2.3.6

and i would like to install ICS 4.0.4 or JB 4.1.1
i rooted the phone.
i went through the Step by Step of installing ROM on this device !
i have some problems ! ... when installed the ROM .. reboot .. Black screen .. i wait for 1 hour but nothing happened at all !!
My phone is GSM ! and all ROM i got are CDMA and so on... ( of-course i read something about ROM CONVERTER .. Patch.. ) but could found the Converter !!
Q: where could i find the Converter OR somewhere that i could download the GSM rom ???

plz Help :( !!

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Saeeid said:
Hi....
recently i got a Razr MAXX (GSM)due to battery life !
it's on GB 2.3.6

and i would like to install ICS 4.0.4 or JB 4.1.1
i rooted the phone.
i went through the Step by Step of installing ROM on this device !
i have some problems ! ... when installed the ROM .. reboot .. Black screen .. i wait for 1 hour but nothing happened at all !!
My phone is GSM ! and all ROM i got are CDMA and so on... ( of-course i read something about ROM CONVERTER .. Patch.. ) but could found the Converter !!
Q: where could i find the Converter OR somewhere that i could download the GSM rom ???

plz Help :( !!

There are gsm Roms available here.
http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/forum/30-gsm-razr-roms/

Sent from my XT912 running Scalpel CM10 jelly bean