Ics soak test has begun!!!!!!!!

Tnargsnave

Reaction score
Sam. Quick question.

o) Ensure you have a charged battery and/or a factory cable
o) Plug in your USB cable
o) Enable USB debugging
o) Set USB to Charge Only (Gingerbread) or MTP (ICS)
o) Start, Programs, House Of Bionic, House Of Bionic link
o) Select the version you want to install and follow the menus
o) Those wanting to REINSTALL or FIX the current release should use the REINSTALL option

Enable USB debugging?

BillieJo

Reaction score
Hello...im very new here also read through everyone's threads too hoping that I will see alot more getting the ics update..but are waiting same as I am.I guess everyone who doesn't have it is checking their updates very often.I am impatient too and read about the Hob and would do it if I had a computer but ours finally died so no luck for me there either.I know some if the developers have been going crazy with people doing stupid things they shouldn't and are reacting, pretty much what everyone asked already...I know we have to wait and it goes in batches.I just got my bionic not even a month ago..never rooted or messed with in any other way.just wondering just how much time does anyone think we might have to wait??? A month..:)? Wish there was another way ..besides hob also,but from what I gather here there isn't.thank u for all your information on here im learning as I go...hope to gradually meet you all soon

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Sam. Quick question.

o) Enable USB debugging
o) Those wanting to REINSTALL or FIX the current release should use the REINSTALL option

Enable USB debugging?

Yes, enable usb debugging. On your phone. When you plug it in.

Tnargsnave

Reaction score
Hello...im very new here also read through everyone's threads too hoping that I will see alot more getting the ics update..but are waiting same as I am.I guess everyone who doesn't have it is checking their updates very often.I am impatient too and read about the Hob and would do it if I had a computer but ours finally died so no luck for me there either.I know some if the developers have been going crazy with people doing stupid things they shouldn't and are reacting, pretty much what everyone asked already...I know we have to wait and it goes in batches.I just got my bionic not even a month ago..never rooted or messed with in any other way.just wondering just how much time does anyone think we might have to wait??? A month..:)? Wish there was another way ..besides hob also,but from what I gather here there isn't.thank u for all your information on here im learning as I go...hope to gradually meet you all soon
From what I understand it should be out to everyone in a week or so. It was that way with my buddy's Razr.

livinginkaos

Reaction score
Sam. Quick question.

o) Enable USB debugging

Enable USB debugging?
Go to:

Settings
Application Settings
Development

- Then check the "USB Debugging" Box

Tnargsnave

Reaction score
Up and running. Damn. Why didn't I do that a long time ago???? Anyone going from 905 to 246, it's ridiculously easy! The only hiccups I ran into were because I didn't read ahead in the directions.
SAM. You are the effing man!!!!!! Thank you.

BillieJo

Reaction score
Tnargsnave said:
From what I understand it should be out to everyone in a week or so. It was that way with my buddy's Razr.

Thanks...I know some got it real quick..the initial roll out..have to see if I can get to a computer some how...HOB seems to be a gem and they are on ics now...just hoping..like everyone else is....it does not take that long

Reaction score
just got an article with this link in it through my gmail tonight, thought id share it with everyone

EDIT: link removed and posted on a new thread

Last edited:

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So, someone ripped the file out of my HoB 246 installer and posted it? Awesome.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
One other thing I would say about the HOB and the new users is that there are some things that you can do with his menus that are completely safe to try. Like wiping cache or just quereing the phone to get the information on your processor. These are things that will get you comfortable using the menus and phone keys, and ensure that your drivers are working and communication both ways is working. So it is not like jumping into the deep end of the pool with no way out. You can get your toes wet first ;^)

Craig

Reaction score
SamuriHL said:
So, someone ripped the file out of my HoB 246 installer and posted it? Awesome.

No disrespect intended Sam it was from another site that I had signed up to get updated info and whatnot. droidbionicroot.com

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
No disrespect intended Sam it was from another site that I had signed up to get updated info and whatnot. droidbionicroot.com

I wasn't suggesting you did anything uncouth (hehe, there's a word). At least they bothered to keep the filename so that people can identify it I guess.

Reaction score
SamuriHL said:
I wasn't suggesting you did anything uncouth (hehe, there's a word). At least they bothered to keep the filename so that people can identify it I guess.

Lol uncouth ..really? Lmao! Now that I really think about it is that about the only way they could have gotten it? Because I can edit the post and remove it. Id be glad to if someone is just gutting HoB for the update

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Lol uncouth ..really? Lmao! Now that I really think about it is that about the only way they could have gotten it? Because I can edit the post and remove it. Id be glad to if someone is just gutting HoB for the update

If it were any other update, I would ask for it to be removed. The bionic community, during the course of the leaks, made a conscious decision to not publish the leaks that had new security by themselves because they were dangerous due to the fact that we didn't have an FXZ. Since 246 is the OTA, it's all good that it's out there. They could have gotten it from anyone who pulls it from the OTA. And perhaps, maybe they should have. ;) But at least we know what that update is so it's fine for it to be out there.