Ics soak test has begun!!!!!!!!

Robbabob

Reaction score
I've been trying to read the latest information on the ICS upgrade, but I can't figure out how long it's supposed to take. It's been 13 hours since I started my update and it's been "Updating Media database" for a LONG time (defined as "I think it's been 10-11 hours). I feel stupid for letting it continue, but I've read, 'we need to be calm and let it run its course.'

Really, please nudge me in the right direction.

Stock Droid Bionic receiving ICS...

Thanks in advance!

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If you stop it you break the gallery and will need to factory reset.

Robbabob

Reaction score
If you stop it you break the gallery and will need to factory reset.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! Just seems ill to be on hour 13 and I can't access anything, when I haven't actually read any stating their length of time, just that it took "forever!" Specifics help... :hail:

Thank again! Don't want to factory reset... and start everything over.

wheeler062505

Reaction score
Robbabob said:
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! Just seems ill to be on hour 13 and I can't access anything, when I haven't actually read any stating their length of time, just that it took "forever!" Specifics help... :hail:

Thank again! Don't want to factory reset... and start everything over.

My download took 22 hours because it suspended twice. I anxiously started my download while I was on a break at work. Probably should have waited til I could connect to WiFi, but couldn't wait. End result, phone is just fine and knock on wood, better than it was when I got it in March.

Robbabob

Reaction score
Motorola FB page

Went to the Moto FB page and posted my situation. Their reply was to restart. I pulled the battery and it powered up pretty good (i.e., the screen looked just like my wife's updated Droid). It had my wallpaper and the folders I had before in the different main screens.

No phone service yet, but I'm not going to panic at this point; I've read a lot of posts that say everything will work out,... in time. I'll post when it's running perfect again.

Thank y'all!

livinginkaos

Reaction score
Takes a bit for everything to pop up. Another reboot is usually helpful too.

DROID BIONIC on 246, is it butter?

spudland

Reaction score
I know it's crazy but I'm liking this so much I'm not inclined to use any roms or even any launcher modifications...:blink: