Ics soak test has begun!!!!!!!!

dylanear

Reaction score
Lets just say, in theory, I got on the list. If I was someplace with no mobile reception or had to roam, could I still just get it over wifi? Or does some sort of Verizon verification need to happen on their mobile network? Do get any sort of notice? Or does the update just show up randomly?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets just say, in theory, I got on the list. If I was someplace with no mobile reception or had to roam, could I still just get it over wifi? Or does some sort of Verizon verification need to happen on their mobile network? Do get any sort of notice? Or does the update just show up randomly?

In theory, yes, you should still get it. It'll be going to you based on your IMEI number. You could do the "Check For Updates" and it should show up. Or you could wake up in the morning and get an announcement that there is a update available. Just like an OTA update.

That being said, there seems to be a few that'll get the announcement even though they aren't on the list.

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
In theory, yes, you should still get it. It'll be going to you based on your IMEI number. You could do the "Check For Updates" and it should show up. Or you could wake up in the morning and get an announcement that there is a update available. Just like an OTA update.

That being said, there seems to be a few that'll get the announcement even though they aren't on the list.

Or a few that aren't even members of Moto's support forum that will get it... seems like that happens every time as well!

3sweeties

Reaction score
I have been a soak tester before but had to get a replacement bionic. I registered the new one... But no soak email for me.... I'm sad:(

dylanear

Reaction score

Well, I have a bad feeling, I'm in Vancouver right now. Still on Verizon SIM, but roaming. When I go to 'About Phone', 'System Updates' is greyed out, I can't check for updates. So if that's not part of the soak process I may be screwed. I've been thinking of making a shopping run over the boarder, so this may encourage that.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Soak test will begin friday at 3 pm est and will end at 10 pm est the ota will be pushed the following week the soak build is 247 so those on 247 that have or have not gotten an invite will not recieve the soak or ota u are already on the official ota which is 247

Sent from my 2.106 ghz quadrant score 5680 .247 Droid Bionic using Droid Forums

Reaction score
sargentmajord said:
Soak test will begin friday at 3 pm est and will end at 10 pm est the ota will be pushed the following week the soak build is 247 so those on 247 that have or have not gotten an invite will not recieve the soak or ota u are already on the official ota which is 247

Sent from my 2.106 ghz quadrant score 5680 .247 Droid Bionic using Droid Forums

OH MASTER OF MOOT THANK YOU...BACON

sent from my STOCK droid bionic where the hell is my ICS

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Play nice kids......
Congrats bionic owners! You'll love ICS. :)
Remember to FDR post your update

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's get back on topic please.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if anybody has received anything beyond the survey email yet? Hopefully they move forward with the whole thing very quickly...

wheeler062505

Reaction score
jntdroid said:
I'm curious if anybody has received anything beyond the survey email yet? Hopefully they move forward with the whole thing very quickly...

I haven't received any emails yet.

i can read

Reaction score
I havent got an email yet. I have been part of every bionic soak test so far but last time it happened when I was on vacation and I received the update when I went down the mountain but wasn't able to let them know any info, so who knows if I get invited back.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
the only thing I'm positive of is I no longer care lol... this has been way too long.... I'll end up taking the OTA when its out but this wait has been absurd

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk