ICS bedside dock is awful

soupguru

Reaction score
I set my phone in the dock on my nightstand and use it as my alarm clock. It has worked wonderfully with Gingerbread. It dimmed down quite a ways, changed with the ambient light, and had decent contrast.

Now, with the ICS update, it's garbage. It seems like the backlight is going full tilt so setting the dimness only affects the clock numbers - if you set it too dim, the numbers just blend into the background. And with the back light always on, even the "black" background lights up the room enough so I can practically read by it.

Does anyone know of any tips or tricks to get this thing to behave at least a little like it used to?

zirkdog

Reaction score
I just hit the power button when it's in the dock and shut down the whole display. "Bedside" mode is bright enough to light up your room and keep you awake all night.

Howling

Reaction score
Try kaoler clock in Google play

Fat fingered from my phone

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
The unwanted night light is very annoying with ISC, especially since my wife and i both have our Bionics in docks on either side of the bed.

It was like trying to sleep with the TV on all night! I found an bedside dock app that actually blows away the stock app features AND allows you to dim the display down to even lower than it was on GB! It runs with or without dock but is dock friendly where most i tried were not.

Get this app now and sleep soundly once again lol

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gadgetjuice.dockclock

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

unbesorgt

Reaction score
There's a second built-in dock app you can use that's very similar to the Gb one ... after docking, go to "Choose dock type" in the notification bar, and touch "More", then pick the alarm clock from the second screen. That's the one I prefer. (Directions are approximate because I'm at work and don't have my dock with me.)

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Discussed this with wife. Opted to not have the phone bedside agreeing there are other more interesting diversions :biggrin: Besides, she did not want ice cream sandwiches in the bedroom.

Last edited:

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Smart actions keeps our evening time just that, our evening time lol

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
The unwanted night light is very annoying with ISC, especially since my wife and i both have our Bionics in docks on either side of the bed.

It was like trying to sleep with the TV on all night! I found an bedside dock app that actually blows away the stock app features AND allows you to dim the display down to even lower than it was on GB! It runs with or without dock but is dock friendly where most i tried were not.

Get this app now and sleep soundly once again lol

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gadgetjuice.dockclock

Just installed this dock and so far it looks great! Thanks for the tip, gonna try it tonight. I, too, hated the bright beam of light on my ceiling with the ICS bedtime dock. Hope this works out, I especially like the extra dark dimming options.

shobe

Reaction score
There's a second built-in dock app you can use that's very similar to the Gb one ... after docking, go to "Choose dock type" in the notification bar, and touch "More", then pick the alarm clock from the second screen. That's the one I prefer. (Directions are approximate because I'm at work and don't have my dock with me.)

Thanks for the information. This is a much better option.