ICS 3g/4g and text messaging working intermittently

Monk2413

Reaction score
I recently decided to take the .902 ICS rom for a test drive....absolutely love it! People have all been saying that they have had luck with the 3g/4g data so I figured why not?! Well unfortunately I'm not one of those lucky people! I went into the phone Info and did the toggle to GSM only and waited for the screen to flicker then toggled back to GSM/CDMA Auto (prl). And just like everyone was saying, the data kicked in about 30 seconds later. Then shortly after that I loose my 4g emblem and my signal icon goes grey. It seems to keep loosing data randomly. Also I'm not getting about 2 out of 3 text messages. My phone info says
"Turn off radio"
"Turn off IMS registration required"
"Turn off SMS over IMS"
"Turn on lte ram dump"
SMSC:
Toggle DNS check: 0.0.0.0 not allowed

And I don't know if this helps but i turned off LTE and toggled to gsm and then back to CDMA only and it seems as long as I leave LTE off it stays on 1x. While on 1x I never loose data and my text messaging appears to work fine so I'm assuming the data issues are connected to the text message issues.

If anyone has any info or fixes for this it would be GREATLY appreciated! Really want to use ICS as my default rom!

Last edited:

DcgBionic

Reaction score
I recently decided to take the .902 ICS rom for a test drive....absolutely love it! People have all been saying that they have had luck with the 3g/4g data so I figured why not?! Well unfortunately I'm not one of those lucky people! I went into the phone Info and did the toggle to GSM only and waited for the screen to flicker then toggled back to GSM/CDMA Auto (prl). And just like everyone was saying, the data kicked in about 30 seconds later. Then shortly after that I loose my 4g emblem and my signal icon goes grey. It seems to keep loosing data randomly. Also I'm not getting about 2 out of 3 text messages. My phone info says
"Turn off radio"
"Turn off IMS registration required"
"Turn off SMS over IMS"
"Turn on lte ram dump"
SMSC:
Toggle DNS check: 0.0.0.0 not allowed

And I don't know if this helps but i turned off LTE and toggled to gsm and then back to CDMA only and it seems as long as I leave LTE off it stays on 1x. While on 1x I never loose data and my text messaging appears to work fine so I'm assuming the data issues are connected to the text message issues.

If anyone has any info or fixes for this it would be GREATLY appreciated! Really want to use ICS as my default rom!

If you look at the forum for ICS on rootzwiki they tell you what to do about it and I have had 4g for a good 3 days now or if you don't want to remove/replace the file, then you can just use the 02/10 ICS update that replaces the file for you just download it, reboot recover, wipe data/cache, format system, and install ICS4Bionic and the GAPPS for the update, hope this helped. :)

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

OP
M

Monk2413

Reaction score
If you look at the forum for ICS on rootzwiki they tell you what to do about it and I have had 4g for a good 3 days now or if you don't want to remove/replace the file, then you can just use the 02/10 ICS update that replaces the file for you just download it, reboot recover, wipe data/cache, format system, and install ICS4Bionic and the GAPPS for the update, hope this helped. :)

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

Yeah....I found that file last night and flashed the new from. It's working phenomenally now. Thank you for the help!

monkeywrench14

Reaction score
4g not working anymore.

So I have updated my ics to 2/10 and my 4g was working, but now it doesn't work. It shows that's its there but no network access. Does anyone know how to fix???? Help my ics is melting......

harryhun

Reaction score
I am only in a 3G area, when i change the net setting to GSM only, it keeps poping " Unforuately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." And I can't do anything, what can i do now?

sparkymcpenguin

Reaction score
Hope this helps some

K got the Verizon nexus had connection with network issues had to turn on and off thing I'm sure you know.tried battery saver didn't fix issue. Read somewhere else to turn off the preloaded Verizon apps then i specifically noted turning off the preloaded Verizon apn service app or whatever the heck it is. Before i couldn't go 4 hours without having to restart... Guess what 22 hours no glitch works like a dream seems to be better than before i constantly switch from wifi back to 4g works fine.what I've noticed though is like on battery saver, after i disabled app, i hit to reset network and it fubarred. me personally don't recommend hitting the option of turning mobile network off. Gonna try something else to double check but if your setup is like mine i would try this.

Update:

So i referred to Verizon apn and battery saver (which uses another apn) messing up the connection. Same effect, if i go to settings and disable mobile network, it essentially does the same thing...but not through an app. Turned out back on multiple times bout 50 still works. Would highly recommend disabling third party apn? Pretty sure Android has one built in or so I've read.Hope this helps

Update 2:
So my previous statement has failed. BUT I have been toying around with my phone and have noticed a different scenario. I have no signal alert to tell me when I lose signal. This still didn't work, only when I ran through dead spots. When I lost it "for good" it wouldn't notify me. So I checked out my developer options, checked ZIPALIGN And viola every time I have the slightest dead spot or if my imsframework (I think) "doesn't respond" I will finally be notified that I have no signal. I did this earlier today about 12-16 hours ago and it has notified me twice (afterabout 20 seconds I would regain signal no problem. )I will keep this updated as much as possible but it has definitely made a difference I can tell. One note, not sure if it is relent but if any one can try it and let me know, every time I regained signal I had a Facebook app notification. Dunno if Facebook isn't helping it but I remember having Facebook do that on my iPhone too. But so far, ZIPALIGN ZIPALIGN ZIPALIGN working good keeping memory cached our whatever, had to look up what it did. Then tried it bingo. If anyone can try this please please please post or something reply if it works send me a cookie preferably peanut butter mmm thanks :p btw since last post decided to root to aokp love it but didn't affect or help signal loss. So shouldn't be a factor and don't wanna revert back to try it on 4.0.2 but if someone has a nexus with the problem I've had try that option.

Last edited: