Icons help

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alright, I want to make some custom icons. When I make them I make sure they're the same font, size, everything but no matter what, the icons come out as different sizes. Here is an example of the icons I want to make. Any help would be appreciated.

lowertextPROMO.jpg

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I'll check that out. I also found out that I have to patch them. Tried looking at that once but couldn't really put my finger on it. But, I'll check out that post:)

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I posted a screenie in the screenies thread that shows a couple of the icons I made, check out my camera icon with the Droid Eye in the lens ;)

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice! I saw that post when you posted it but I didn't notice that until now

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It was alot easier than I thought. I Photoshopped the Droid Eye in the lens and reduced the image to 72 X 72 with a transparent background, texted it to myself and saved it in a folder. However... I am using "Desktop Visualizer", which allows you to use images as your icons. I haven't replaced any system icons. They are in a special folder called "icons" and DV pulls them right from the folder. :)

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm using DV, and sizing them to 72x72 BUT, I've been using Photoshop for everything and now I'm using GIMP and it's confusing.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have Photoshop, Macromedia Fireworks and Flash, 3D Studio Max, and a couple other graphics programs. If I had more time I would do more with it but my off season from racing is going to be over soon. :icon_ banana:

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I find Fireworks to be alot easier for making the images... it's quick and easy. I make the shapes in 3D Studio Max, render them as a PNG file then open it in Fireworks to finish it off.

OP
Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well all I'm doing is typing a work and making the background transparent. Pretty simple but...it's being a pain.