Ice Cream Sandwich Wins Parsons' 2012 Gold Prize for Best User Experience

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
android-prize.jpeg

Take that in your pipe and smoke it, Apple! Google's Ice Cream Sandwich OS won the Gold Prize for best the platform experience at Parsons' 2012 User Experience Awards! Since Android came out it has obviously been the best mobile OS for utility and functionality, always showcasing more features and more useful features than it's competitors, like iOS. However, the one thing that Apple always did well with their OS was to refine the aesthetics and the design of the UI. Google's Android OS struggled to match this, arguably all the way up until about Gingerbread before it started to excel.

Google took things to a whole new level with Ice Cream Sandwich, though, and the results of this contest speak for themselves. Google's new focus on improving the design and user-friendliness of Android has really paid off, and at least for now, and in this particular contest, Android has finally bested the fruity alternative. It will be exciting to see what new improvements they make with Android 5.0! Congratulations Android!

Source: Google+ - Matias Duarte - Android OS UI Design Lead

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Awesome!!! Now if we could just get some of our own lol

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I am loving stock ICS on my HTC Evo 3D Virgin Mobile ...Battery life is insane

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is something nice...especially with WP7 and the Live Tiles out there. Forget about iOS...the UI has looked basically the same since it launched. With Android...you can see the growth over the years. I've been saying this for the past 2 years...Android has come a long way since 2008.

But......Android coulda won this with Honeycomb when it launched IMO.

Hey!!! I see Matias went to school in my neck of the woods!! Nice... Go Terps!! lol

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am loving stock ICS on my HTC Evo 3D Virgin Mobile ...Battery life is insane

Lovely, a Virgin Mobile device is ahead of the Bionic, softwarewise? That's freaking sad. C'mon Moto and VZW, get your s&^t together.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lovely, a Virgin Mobile device is ahead of the Bionic, softwarewise? That's freaking sad. C'mon Moto and VZW, get your s&^t together.

I may be wrong...but I dont think the EVO 3D came with stock ICS. Pretty sure it has Sense UI. It is still sad that an ICS leak for the Bionic just came out tho.