[ROM] Icarus Hd 1.8.3 Remix (aka Strippd) By SPJESTER, Jp1044 And T3T3Droid

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Just noticed I can't receive batch texts or picture messages on this ROM. Is this common?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

deduct

Reaction score
Remix has MMS support superfly. Which messaging app are you using?

Suuperflie

Reaction score
I figured out it wasn't working because I had disabled the stock app.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I just got started with safe strap tonight ,and have installed 4 different ROMs. I like this one I best, but as with all of them I dislike the built in power control bar. I highly prefer power toggls. Is it possible to remove or disable the stock in power control bar?

sierra117

Reaction score
I installed this ROM and it will not boot, after safestrap the screen goes black for 10-20 seconds and then it reboots. I want to use this ROM because blurry doesn't have great battery life and I don't like the stock ROM.

deduct

Reaction score
I installed this ROM and it will not boot, after safestrap the screen goes black for 10-20 seconds and then it reboots. I want to use this ROM because blurry doesn't have great battery life and I don't like the stock ROM.

Have you tried non oc blurry? I've gotten the best battery life of any ROM I've tried on my bionic with it. You are still on ICS right? Because stripped 1.8 will not boot If you try to flash it on jelly bean.

sierra117

Reaction score
Have you tried non oc blurry? I've gotten the best battery life of any ROM I've tried on my bionic with it. You are still on ICS right? Because stripped 1.8 will not boot If you try to flash it on jelly bean.

That's the problem. I am on jelly bean. What do you mean by non oc blurry? As in non overclock? I have the standard jelly bean blurry and the battery is about half of what I get on my stock ROM with juice defender.

jlh454

Reaction score
Does it make a difference if I use my current safestrap 3.05 versus 3.11 as recommended in the OP? If so is it easy enough to upgrade my safestrap version and keep my original backup? If anyone has a link or can point me in the right direction that would be great!

My main reason for upgrading is I lost 4G connectivity through "LTE On/Off". Not sure how but the phone was lagging a bit and something got clicked besides switching between 4G and 3G. Got a new SIM and the problem persists. GPRS - disconnected when on 4G. Thoughts?

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does it make a difference if I use my current safestrap 3.05 versus 3.11 as recommended in the OP? If so is it easy enough to upgrade my safestrap version and keep my original backup? If anyone has a link or can point me in the right direction that would be great!

My main reason for upgrading is I lost 4G connectivity through "LTE On/Off". Not sure how but the phone was lagging a bit and something got clicked besides switching between 4G and 3G. Got a new SIM and the problem persists. GPRS - disconnected when on 4G. Thoughts?

http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/downloads/safestrap/

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

xdaxdb

Reaction score
I took the JB OTA update. I'm rooted and safestraped again, but I am very disappointed with the phone now it is soooo slow. I would really like to try this ROM, is there any chance a JB compatible version will be released? I've tried stock JB as well as Blurry both are slow. Blurry has bugs and seems to drop calls. I hate Google Now. The old voice search worked so much better. Chrome is unresponsive as f*ck.

If I have no hope of loading a lighter ROM... I've read that if I do a factory reset on stock the phone will work better but I'm skeptical. Any suggestions?

xdaxdb

Reaction score
Actually, I just did the factory reset and it seems much better (Stock JB 4.1.2). I froze all the bloat and did the wifi hack. I'm afraid to install chrome I feel like its going to make the phone slow again.

deduct

Reaction score
Chrome lags on me no matter what ROM I am on so I stick with stock browser, or dolphin, or boat browser.