I used Windex on my Droid...is that okay??

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
really? u are lying to them. by using it one time theres nothing to prepare for the worst. ive been using it alcohol pads on every phone ive had nothings ever happened.

I'm lying now?

Ok. Well go spray some Windex on your LCD TV.

You should be more helpful then, since you know everything.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Guyute

Reaction score
The screen surface on an LCD TV and this phone with Gorilla glass are two very different things. I only use Monster cleaner made for LCD tv's on a TV. This phone however uses gorilla glass and I've used windex on it for the last 8 months and it's perfectly fine.

The two really have nothing to do with one another.

cpjr

Reaction score
really? u are lying to them. by using it one time theres nothing to prepare for the worst. ive been using it alcohol pads on every phone ive had nothings ever happened.

I'm lying now?

Ok. Well go spray some Windex on your LCD TV.

You should be more helpful then, since you know everything.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Like stated above, yes the cleaner is harmful to an LCD screen, but the LCD in the TB (or any phone) is protected by, well in the case of the Tb, gorilla glass....and is perfectly fine to wipe with a mild cleaner.

I have always used Windex, daily, on every cell phone Ive ever had without any issues at all, from months to over a year....if it isnt damaged by then, well, Im not worried.

PS- Yes the manufacturer says no (as with any manufacturer that will tell you to be overly cautious of their product), so use at your own discretion...Im simply stating my own experience.

brkshr

Reaction score
My OG Droid is still scratch-less (now my fathers) and my Droid x is scratch-less, with no screen protectors, ever. Nothing to worry about with Gorilla glass. My DX has face-planted from hip height at least 10 times with not a scratch or crack. My props to Gorilla glass AND Motorola for well built phones.

edit: I just use my t-shirt 98% of the time and the other 2%, I stick my finger in water and rub all of the grease then wipe off with my shirt. But most of the time my pocket will take care of finger smudges by the time I go to use it again.