dust under screen issue & screen protector question

sabester24

Reaction score
I've got a question:

I just got my SGP Steniheil Ultra Crystal Clear screen protectors today. I was cleaning my screen with a microfiber cloth when I noticed what seemed like dust under the actual screen. I kept wiping it and nothing helped. I didn't think much of it and applied the screen protectors anyway. Now that the screen protectors are on, the dust seems to be magnified (kinda reflects funny, almost looks like a dead pixel). It's not a huge issue, but it does bother me. I'm considering trying to exchange my Droid X for a new one at Wal-Mart. Can I take off the SGP screen protector and place it on my "new" Droid X? I just spent $20 on the screen protectors and don't want them to go to waste. Any ideas to make sure this is really dust UNDER the screen....

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

droidphreak

Reaction score
Exchange it. Dont spend time messing with it. I replaced my X when I discovered that there was tiny crack under the flash glass. Wasnt on the glass but was under it. Took it to verizon and they said they would replace it. I could of ignored it but it bothered me. So now I hold my brand spanking new Droid X (got it today). Im happy I did the exchange. And yes you can take off the screen protector. I did it for my new one. Had expensive screen protectors from Sedio that I didnt want to lose. Use a piece of scotch tape to remove and lift the old screen protector and just move it to the new device.

Last edited: