I used to drool for a Verizon iPhone. No longer.

rmcray08

Reaction score
Hey dudes:

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a graduate student living in Virginia and got my Droid two weeks ago. Most of my friends are iPhone junkies. Truth be told, I probably would've jumped on the iPhone bandwagon long ago if I weren't tethered to my dad's Verizon family share plan. I kept holding out...and holding out...and holding out for news of the iPhone coming to Verizon. My impatience started getting the best of me, so I started to look at my other smartphone options. It was between a Blackberry, the Eris, or the Droid. In the end, I chose the Droid because of Android's user-friendliness and native 2.0 software.

Oh my god.

Never again will I want an iPhone. I love everything about my droid. It replaced my GPS, cell phone, and iPod within a week of ownership. I'm also absolutely confident that 2010 and 2011 will usher in the supreme reign of the Android platform, so I'm really excited to have gotten in before it explodes.

I joined DroidForums for many reasons: to keep on top of rumors (2.1 release, anyone?), to read app and accessory reviews, and to generally add my two-cents. Every day I fall more in love with my phone, and every day I find myself spending more time on these forums. This could get unhealthy.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Same situation with me. I was checking; AppleInsider, TheiPhoneBlog and 9to5mac on nearly a daily basis to get some read on when the Verizon iPhone was coming. Now, I really don't care. It could come next week and it wouldn't phase me.

Viva la Droid, Viva la Droid!!!!!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome, rmcray08! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information! The possibilities are endless for customization. So read, read, and read some more. You'll be amazed at how much you can teach yourself by reading the threads here in the forum! Here's a good one about app recommendations, if you haven't found it already:

Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps

Hope you enjoy your time here!

:welcome:

khelek

Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on having the best phone out there!

Oddly enough, though I will admit the iPhone looked nifty and I did have some envy for it, I never really wanted one. What I was anxiously waiting for was Android on Verizon and held off for 2 years until it got here.

Best. decision. ever.

I hate to think of them brining the iPhone over to Verizon. Obviously, it would work for them because people would flock to them, but by keeping it off, it allows people to give a phone a try they wouldn't otherwise, and find out Android is better.

acemannw

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more

I was in the same boat. I have been dying to get my hands on an iPhone ever since they came out. I work as a Verizon dealer so having an iPhone would have been an issue. Once I heard we were finally getting an Android phone I was so excited. Maybe this would finally be a phone that would get me by until big red had an iPhone!!! Once I got the Droid I kept finding more and more things that I love about the phone. I got rid of my ipod touch and just carry the one device now.

There are a few things that bug me about the Droid like the camera and lack of apps, but those don't take away from my deep love of this handset.

NW
River Falls WI

OP
R

rmcray08

Reaction score
Welcome, rmcray08! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information! The possibilities are endless for customization. So read, read, and read some more. You'll be amazed at how much you can teach yourself by reading the threads here in the forum! Here's a good one about app recommendations, if you haven't found it already:

Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps

Hope you enjoy your time here!

:welcome:

Because of the link to the "Apps" thread that you so generously shared with me, my Droid is now my FiOS TV remote. My god.

shmoo

Reaction score
Welcome. Along with you and everyone else I too was waiting for the iPhone to come to vzw... until I saw the Droid that is. Best phone ever!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum. I have to admit that from the title it would be somebody complaining about the Droid and Verizon. Glad to see I was wrong. Enjoy your Droid, you just made 50,000 new friends by joining the forum.:)