I think i know why razrs ics update kills battery

cbroussard99

Reaction score
DetCochran said:
thanks! I have .215 now, so will see how that works. HOPEfully it does help, then I will do the same t my husband's phone and pass it on to my friend.

Again, you al have been so friendly and helpful.! :biggrin:

I can tell you it works for me. I have been on my phone since 5 am, texting, Google searches, emails, games, and so forth, it's now 9 pm and I just hit 50 %. I also use Juice defender the free version at the basic setting. Hope this helps.

DetCochran

Reaction score
well, so far it does not seem to help.. i will get a full charge tonight, try to remember to power off before i unplug it. I might even keep it off all night. Husband's phone is messing up so they are sending a new one (its the screen) I will be able to compare it to my battery when he gets it... i dont know what will be installed in it.

victoriak68

Reaction score
People with Droid Razr Maxx phones really shouldn't be responding to this thread. It doesn't do much for people that own Droid Razr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

victoriak68

Reaction score
My bad. However, that's now how it was listed on Tapatalk. Slapping myself for having bought the d*mn app now.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I've owned both, battery problems apply to both phones equally. Don't want to sound like I'm bashing on you. Haven't try tapatalk so no clue what you see. BTW welcome to the forum, enjoy your time here.

victoriak68

Reaction score
I will agree. The Razr is suppose to get about 12 hours of life out of its phone. I get an average of 6, not nearly what's advertised....and thanks :)

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
What is your screen time? My razr would get about 2.5 hours of screen time the maxx about 6 hours. The screen kills the battery.

victoriak68

Reaction score
Not sure who you're directing your question at. I'm also not sure what you mean by “screen time". What I do know is that if I don't hardly use my phone through out the day I don't need to charge until I go to bed. However, who goes through a whole day without playing with their phone? Lol.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
victoriak68 said:
Not sure who you're directing your question at. I'm also not sure what you mean by “screen time". What I do know is that if I don't hardly use my phone through out the day I don't need to charge until I go to bed. However, who goes through a whole day without playing with their phone? Lol.

Kinda sorta you, screen time is the amount of time the screen is aglow, its in the battery stats. Absolutely agree with you, we all play with our phones non stop throughout the day. The manufacturers want you to believe talk time is the most important, not, we text, email, play angry birds etc. My razr was plugged in twice a day.

victoriak68

Reaction score
Kinda sorta you, screen time is the amount of time the screen is aglow, its in the battery stats. Absolutely agree with you, we all play with our phones non stop throughout the day. The manufacturers want you to believe talk time is the most important, not, we text, email, play angry birds etc. My razr was plugged in twice a day.

I actually obsess about battery life. Something I didn't think I would have to do with this phone. I'll have to look at stats, but I can tell you I really didn't do much on my phone before leaving the house today. I unplugged from AC around 12pm and left the house a couple hours later. By 7pm I was at 30% and felt the need to plug'er in. Of course, I had to deal with unplanned app updates that occurred while on the road.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
victoriak68 said:
I actually obsess about battery life. Something I didn't think I would have to do with this phone. I'll have to look at stats, but I can tell you I really didn't do much on my phone before leaving the house today. I unplugged from AC around 12pm and left the house a couple hours later. By 7pm I was at 30% and felt the need to plug'er in. Of course, I had to deal with unplanned app updates that occurred while on the road.

When I had my razr same thing always wondering where the next plug was at, always felt the need to have it at 90 or above, screen brightness at the lowest possible setting, screen timeout as soon as possible. I stated in other posts that I loved my razr until I got my maxx then I realized it was puppy love. I liked my droidx just because I could abuse it all day. Now I love my maxx. Til next month then I'll be lusting after the maxx HD.

victoriak68

Reaction score
When I had my razr same thing always wondering where the next plug was at, always felt the need to have it at 90 or above, screen brightness at the lowest possible setting, screen timeout as soon as possible. I stated in other posts that I loved my razr until I got my maxx then I realized it was puppy love. I liked my droidx just because I could abuse it all day. Now I love my maxx. Til next month then I'll be lusting after the maxx HD.

Yeah, I'm now wishing I'd gone with the Maxx. As it is, because of Verizon going after all the customers with unlimited data, I'll be forced to give that up when I upgrade next. :mad:

OP
Bilgediver

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Seriously they are. I had to sit down with my wife and spell it out dollar for dollar that you really aren't saving money with smartphones on you're plan (you are actually losing money with a feature phone). In fact you are only saving money if you have multiple tablets or air cards/mifis. I had to tell the guy id rather pay up front and keep my plan. They readily get pushy.

My biggest monthly savings came from drooping the air card (i can use foxfi instead). That hurt because I've had a 3g air card since they first had them, and it was still unlimited data (not 5gigs!). I asked if i could upgrade it to 4g and keep unlimited and they said no, but then they kept pushing the share everything plan.

Sent from My Droid RAZR MAXX with Tapatalk.

Reaction score
I just switched to the maxx from a rezound due to battery issues. The rezound never had great battery, but after ICS I was lucky to get more than 4 hours.

My maxx is logging 18+ with pretty heavy usage.

Those complaining about maxx battery after ICS....what were you getting with GB? Speaking as someone coming from another smartphone, I will take the battery in the maxx all day long!