I think I am going to cry

ALIASgirl23

Reaction score
So this morning I was having a problem with You Tube so I decided to remove it from my phone and reinstall. I used Titanium backup to do this. It said it was going to uninstall the system app. It is now stuck in an Clockwork Mod Recovery update loop. The status bar gets about a third of the way there and then starts over. I tried taking out the battery, the sd card, holding the x to go into clockwork recovery, and starting up like normal and nothing. How can I fix this? I am at work and I won't be able to get to my computer until I get home.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When you try to boot normally (without holding X) what happens?

Dustin.

Reaction score
Unless you can get into Clockwork Recovery and reflash a ROM or restore a backup, there's only really this option or another until your stuck with having to do a SBF.

Turn phone completely off, slideout the keyboard and hold POWER and HOME at the same time till the M logo appears then release POWER and continue to hold HOME until the android dude pops up then hit the SEARCH key on your keyboard. Wipe cache AND data. Then reboot your phone.

Edit - didn't see it was for an OG droid. Anyone feel free to correct me if im wrong about any of this information.

Sent from my DROID X.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Unless you can get into Clockwork Recovery and reflash a ROM or restore a backup, there's only really this option or another until your stuck with having to do a SBF.

Turn phone completely off, slideout the keyboard and hold POWER and HOME at the same time till the M logo appears then release POWER and continue to hold HOME until the android dude pops up then hit the SEARCH key on your keyboard. Wipe cache AND data. Then reboot your phone.

Sent from my DROID X.

I believe the OP has a D1 not a DX

Dustin.

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID X.

Yeah I edited my post. But still is working from Clockwork Mod, same concept... Ill leave this thread to the D1 guys!

Sent from my DROID X.

OP
A

ALIASgirl23

Reaction score

The same thing happens - it is stuck in the Clockwork Mod Recovery update loop. I can't get it to do anything else.

OP
A

ALIASgirl23

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID X.

Yeah I edited my post. But still is working from Clockwork Mod, same concept... Ill leave this thread to the D1 guys!

Sent from my DROID X.

I appreciate you trying to help. I might have to get a DROID X if I can't fix it ;)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you're going to have to get to a computer and run SPRecovery via RSDlite. I don't see anyway of doing it without a computer.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

The same thing happens - it is stuck in the Clockwork Mod Recovery update loop. I can't get it to do anything else.

So if you try to boot normally or try to boot with X you cannot get to the CW recovery screen?

If this is true you might need a PC to fix. If you can get to the recovery screen you can try wiping Data/Cache and rebooting or try flashing UD again.

OP
A

ALIASgirl23

Reaction score
I think you're going to have to get to a computer and run SPRecovery via RSDlite. I don't see anyway of doing it without a computer.

I figured that was going to be the case. Last time I tried to use RSD Lite I couldn't get it to recognize my phone but I can try again. It will just have to be after I do my last minute Christmas shopping.

Someone at work just told me to chill because it was just a phone. Just a phone!?!? They don't get it ;)

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you can get to CW then you could also try link 4 in my sig, If wiping or flashing the Rom again doen't work.

OP
A

ALIASgirl23

Reaction score

So if you try to boot normally or try to boot with X you cannot get to the CW recovery screen?

If this is true you might need a PC to fix. If you can get to the recovery screen you can try wiping Data/Cache and rebooting or try flashing UD again.

I can't get it to do anything else no matter what I try. It acts like it is installing an update.zip but it gets about a 1/3 of the way through and starts again. Over and over and over...