I think I am going to cry

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The same thing happens - it is stuck in the Clockwork Mod Recovery update loop. I can't get it to do anything else.

So if you try to boot normally or try to boot with X you cannot get to the CW recovery screen?

If this is true you might need a PC to fix. If you can get to the recovery screen you can try wiping Data/Cache and rebooting or try flashing UD again.

I can't get it to do anything else no matter what I try. It acts like it is installing an update.zip but it gets about a 1/3 of the way through and starts again. Over and over and over...

If all it does is bootloop no matter what you do then RSD might be your only option

OP
A

ALIASgirl23

Reaction score
So if you try to boot normally or try to boot with X you cannot get to the CW recovery screen?

If this is true you might need a PC to fix. If you can get to the recovery screen you can try wiping Data/Cache and rebooting or try flashing UD again.

I can't get it to do anything else no matter what I try. It acts like it is installing an update.zip but it gets about a 1/3 of the way through and starts again. Over and over and over...

If all it does is bootloop no matter what you do then RSD might be your only option

RSD doesn't seem like my laptop. I can't get it to find my phone but maybe I can get it to work on my desktop.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try and get the latest version of RSDlite (I think it's 4.9) and make sure that you also get the drivers and remember to install them. That's a problem for many people, they get the drivers but don't realize they have to be installed.

OP
A

ALIASgirl23

Reaction score
Try and get the latest version of RSDlite (I think it's 4.9) and make sure that you also get the drivers and remember to install them. That's a problem for many people, they get the drivers but don't realize they have to be installed.

I will try that and pray I can get it to work. Thank you so much for your help!

I want a new phone but I am trying to hold out for the HTC Mecha/Incredible HD. I am also trying to avoid the dreaded "I told you so" from the Hubby. ;)

OP
A

ALIASgirl23

Reaction score
Ok, I am home now and at my computer. I am going to try this and hope that I don't kill my phone for real. Wish me luck...

OP
A

ALIASgirl23

Reaction score
It's a Christmas miracle!

It worked!!!! Thank you all so much and I love each and every one of you!!

I now have a stock phone with 2.0.1 but I don't even care. I am just so happy it is working again.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Awesome!!! Just download Rom Manager & you'll have rooted 2.2 by lunch.

OP
A

ALIASgirl23

Reaction score
My phone installed all of the updates to get to 2.2 and I was able to root and restore my nandroid recovery file. Now it is like nothing ever happened. Whew!!

Thanks again to everyone for your help and I apologize for being overly dramatic. I would just be lost without my phone :D

Last edited:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now that the crisis is over and you've fixed your phone, can I ask a stupid question that I haven't seen asked yet?

What is a "Clockwork Mod Recovery update loop"? I've been part of the Droid modding scene for quite some time now, and i've never heard of such a thing. I wish I had caught this thread earlier and asked you this, perhaps with proper explaination of the problem, I could have helped you fix it without having to resort to SBF flashing.

OP
A

ALIASgirl23

Reaction score
Now that the crisis is over and you've fixed your phone, can I ask a stupid question that I haven't seen asked yet?

What is a "Clockwork Mod Recovery update loop"? I've been part of the Droid modding scene for quite some time now, and i've never heard of such a thing. I wish I had caught this thread earlier and asked you this, perhaps with proper explaination of the problem, I could have helped you fix it without having to resort to SBF flashing.

I was stuck on the screen with the little mailbox looking thing and the droid. It was acting like it was installing and update.zip but it would only get 1/3 of the way through and then start over. It would display the messages:

Entering Clockworkmod recovery, Looking for update.zip, then installing update.zip

That is as far as it would get before starting over again. Then it would display the same messages.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Yes, I am like Dave and curious too as to why it would boot into recovery afer deleting an app, and how or why clockwork would be told to be installing an update.zip file just from uninstalling a system app.

How were you trying to reinstall the Youtube app?